More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

jesse p

Re: RE: cross exam / hatchet at haunted basement

Post by jesse p » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

while i wasn't at this, i heard from both sides about this show. it seems like everything just got blown a bit out of proportion. benjy was the one who even told me that, and it was his shit that got stolen. he knows that cross exam didn't steal his shit and partied it up at the cross exam show here (waterloo) the next day. granted, this is what i've gathered from the situation. i wasn't there.

but the things i would like to comment on are:

1) joe you went into this show with a strong opinion already on "party thrash". i think this only added to the situation. if you're not into the music, whatever. that's your own thing.all i'm hearing is cross exam did this and did that, but everyone has clearly stated that it was HATCHET that did this. so it's just ridiculous that this is being all about cross exam.

2) i've known these guys since i lived in st. louis. they're my friends. they are good dudes and just because they have a party reputation, it's that much easier to write them off. benjy told me dan was trying to apologize and help and joe just told him to leave.

i guess quick fix is pretty easy to write off then too, because we are very into partying and getting wasted. we've always had fun playing in des moines but if you guys have problem with our friends, then we take that as a problem with us (midwest board drama anyone???).

P.S. That ceiling was bound to get fucked anyways, there was barely anything left. I'm not saying that excuses the dudes from hatchet from doing it, but it would have happened eventually. everyone knows as well as i do, that shows get chaotic and crazy. anyways, that's all. peace

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:02 pm

jesse p wrote:P.S. That ceiling was bound to get fucked anyways, there was barely anything left. I'm not saying that excuses the dudes from hatchet from doing it, but it would have happened eventually. everyone knows as well as i do, that shows get chaotic and crazy. anyways, that's all. peace
unfortunately, that's not your(or some shitty party band's) call to make. it's their venue, it's their ceiling. when you play there, you are a guest in their house. this is common sense to those who have respect for others' things, which clearly these folks did not.

if drinking makes you destroy people's things and be a fucking moron, you probably shouldn't do it, at least when you're a guest.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:02 pm

What hatchet did was far beyond chaotic and crazy. It was straight fucked.

I wasn't at this show, but I have heard just about everyone talking about it, including cross exam. The things I said were based on the appearance of a band seemingly destroying and taking shit on he only venue in my city that is worth a shit.

It seems to me that if a band you were on tour with fucked up someone's house, you would distance yourself from the band you were on tour with, instead of talking shit about the house. Guilty by association is still guilty. If I were cross exam, I would apologize as much as possible, and never, under any circumstances talk shit about the situation. That just makes you look more guilty.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

well as he said hatchet dropped off the tour..and are most likely breaking up....
and cross ex. didnt know hatchet really untill the des moines show...and after that they essentially said that they were shitty egotistic doods
which yeah, maybe you should know who your touring with before you commit to it...but in all reality they have distanced themselves from hatchet...they haven't stuck up for hatchet in anyway from the way it sounds......they may have made comments which were probably shitty...but to connect that with the blatant disrespect hatchet showed to the basement isn't really neccisary...hatchet isn't cross exams responsibility to take care of and babysit, and if the show had a shitty atmosphere, or they showed up to a house full of people that are really not their bands type of crowd then i could see why cross ex. would have made the comments they did...not to say its justified...but a party thrash band like cross ex. playing for a crowd of sxe hardcore kids isn't really gna mesh well...but i wasnt there, so i don't really know what the crowd was...not saying that you have to drink and party to enjoy them...but if your brutally anti-drinkin' and all that, i could see negative vibes floatin' around the space causing them to not want to play...the way i see it they are about fun and pizza....who doesnt like fun and pizza?
does anybody have any credit to give cross exam...did anybody say thanks for offering to help clean up after hatchet? or were they just grouped in with hatchet and told to leave?...i just dont think cross exam should be held a fault for all of this...wrong place at the wrong time...but i'm just basing all of this off of what i've read.

i dont really know what else can be said

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:24 pm

it sounds like none of you pessehs know how to party

moltar

Post by moltar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:55 pm

I live at the haunted basement and here is my non biased assessment.

- I greet both bands as they show up early and commense partying/eating/doing what bands do
- 12:15 I leave so I can actually sleep before working at 3 A.M. and all day
- hearsay

None of us care about that ceiling. It's coming down eventually anyway. No one at the haunted basement needs a bunch of shitfaced band members who have been partying for 5+ hours to help clean up. Both bands were partying as a unit and have all their things together, so there's no reason both shouldn't go out the door together.

The bottom line is if the bands are going to start bagging on our venue/house and start vandalising then they're going to get kicked out. If some bands want to cry online about the bouncer then I guess they came to the right place. I know a lot of people came to watch these bands play, but had to leave because the flyer said 7:00 p.m. not 1:00 a.m. All and all I was pretty happy to pay for two bands to party at my house and to sleep for two hours in my car.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:59 pm

moltar wrote: All and all I was pretty happy to pay for two bands to party at my house and to sleep for two hours in my car.
you know how to party.

jesse p

Post by jesse p » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:25 pm

What hatchet did was far beyond chaotic and crazy. It was straight fucked.

I wasn't at this show, but I have heard just about everyone talking about it, including cross exam. The things I said were based on the appearance of a band seemingly destroying and taking shit on he only venue in my city that is worth a shit.

It seems to me that if a band you were on tour with fucked up someone's house, you would distance yourself from the band you were on tour with, instead of talking shit about the house. Guilty by association is still guilty. If I were cross exam, I would apologize as much as possible, and never, under any circumstances talk shit about the situation. That just makes you look more guilty.
as someone else stated, they have distanced themselves. they're no longer on tour with them

they started talking shit because joe went out and started talking shit on them. all i'm saying is i don't appreciate it when people are sitting here talking shit on my friends for something they didn't even do.

for everyone talking about how they paid to see them but didn't get to... it's because they were told to leave. talk to the people in charge, because that's all on them.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:33 pm

why dont people fist fight anymore? instead of you, he, said, but, what, shoulda, mad, angry, broke, trashed, thrashed, disappointment, nuh uh, you, said, i, said, . youre, a, dick,. wah wah on the internet?

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:34 pm

jesse p wrote:1) joe you went into this show with a strong opinion already on "party thrash". i think this only added to the situation. if you're not into the music, whatever. that's your own thing.all i'm hearing is cross exam did this and did that, but everyone has clearly stated that it was HATCHET that did this. so it's just ridiculous that this is being all about cross exam.
I've had lots of party thrash bands play at my place that didn't fuck my shit up. INFINITE MISSILES was one of them, members of Cross Exam, and they were really fun. My opinion on party thrash (boring recorded, fun live) has nothing to do with what happened that night. If anything, it should've made the situation better, because live is the only way I can enjoy party thrash.

Anyway, you must not be reading correctly because NOT EVERYONE has said that it was only Hatchet that did this. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
Joe wrote: Also, don't act like everyone in Cross Exam is innocent and had nothing to do with the mess in the back room. After hearing too many "all of you are faggots" from Hatchet, I go in the back and lean against the wall. I see a member of Cross Exam pick up a perfectly good ceiling tile (that was moved out of the way and set against the back wall BEFORE THE CEILING HAD FALLEN) and break it across the singer of Hatchet's back. These weren't ceiling tiles that were in pieces already, just ones that had fallen and were still good and were placed out of the way so they wouldn't get broken.

Not only that, but after the ceiling had fallen and shit was all over, members of Cross Exam came in to the back room and started STOMPING on the ceiling that had fallen apart, the tiles and the plastic light covering, and then kicking the pieces all over the room.
Read the above quote again and again and get it through your head that Cross Examination is not 100% innocent and helped to trash my place. What I never said was the rest of the fucking mess that I had to clean up in other parts of the house and outside.
2) i've known these guys since i lived in st. louis. they're my friends. they are good dudes and just because they have a party reputation, it's that much easier to write them off. benjy told me dan was trying to apologize and help and joe just told him to leave.
Right.
I don't want fuckers that just fucked my house up in my fucking house at all. What's so hard to understand about that? The only dudes that I remember apologizing directly to me were only members of Hatchet anyway.
i guess quick fix is pretty easy to write off then too, because we are very into partying and getting wasted. we've always had fun playing in des moines but if you guys have problem with our friends, then we take that as a problem with us (midwest board drama anyone???).
Cross Examination trashed my house and now you're mad at me? My problem with Cross Examination suddenly becomes a problem with Quick Fix because I kicked them out of my house? Hahaha.
That's incredibly stupid and backwards. Please, please, please get off Cross Exam's dick and think straight for a moment.

Quick Fix has never trashed my house.
P.S. That ceiling was bound to get fucked anyways, there was barely anything left. I'm not saying that excuses the dudes from hatchet from doing it, but it would have happened eventually. everyone knows as well as i do, that shows get chaotic and crazy. anyways, that's all. peace
Chaotic and crazy? No one was there. There was maybe five people back there tops besides the band. The dude was being a fucking idiot and made a huge mess.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 pm

jesse p wrote:
for everyone talking about how they paid to see them but didn't get to... it's because they were told to leave. talk to the people in charge, because that's all on them.
Actually, no, it's because they didn't set up their equipment and actually play.
:roll: :roll: I mean, you do that at shows.

TO SETTLE THE CONFUSION ON THIS SUBJECT: Everyone that had paid to see them had already left by the time that I "didn't allow them to play". So, me not allowing them to play is moot.

-Joe.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 pm

If you are on tour in a band, the main point of it all is playing the show, then if you are into partying, do it afterwards. but these bands came here, partied for several hours before the "show" and the band i paid to see didn't even play and i ended up leaving after standing around watching them party for 2 hours.

Just because a band is nice to some dudes and are your friends, doesn't mean that they are off the hook and don't have to accept any responsibility for deeds done even if they didn't do the majority of the damage.

I also think it is irrelevant and extremely childish to say that your band doesn't want to play here anymore because some other band caused a problem at a show that you weren't even at.

the only good thing that happened at this show was the chilly that nate made. that was good stuff.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 pm

joseph wrote:why dont people fist fight anymore? instead of you, he, said, but, what, shoulda, mad, angry, broke, trashed, thrashed, disappointment, nuh uh, you, said, i, said, . youre, a, dick,. wah wah on the internet?
yeah.
fists, then everyone can be friends again.

-hank fist

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:who doesnt like fun and pizza?

Terrorists. Fucking Terrorists.

I agree mostly with what you were saying James. I guess maybe I may have been misunderstood, I just don't understand what he was trying to do by talking shit.

I would really be a shame if quick fix stopped coming to DSM over this.

I think people are saying a lot of things they don't mean.

I'll fight anyone I have to, btw. I'm tough.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:15 pm

What band ls gonna boycott?.......never heard of 'em.

Its funny if these jokers were mad cause "nobody showed up". I thought it was a decent turn out for a thursday night. Did they think it was gonna be a sold out club? LOL.

jesse p

Post by jesse p » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 am

look i'm not sitting here trying to start fights or say that quick fix doesn't want to play dsm? in no way did i state that, in fact i said earlier we always have a great time in dsm

either way, im done with the situation. put in my two cents, as has everyone else. the whole thing is over anyways

devildanstl

Post by devildanstl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:21 pm

i havent seen the internet in days because tour rules, but im back, here we go.
I get to the Haunted Basement at 6:30. I was excited about this show and had spent the entire month of July handing out fliers for this show and telling kids about it when I didn't have fliers. I chit chat for a minute, sit down on the couch, some dude from Cross Exam asks:

"So, when should we play? I mean, the later it gets, the drunker we're gonna get."

Oh, cool.
thats a disclaimer. its totally true, too. it doesnt mean anything though, we've wrote / practiced / recorded / played every show drunk, superstitously so in fact, since our inception as a band. we've never not played a show or anything on account of over-drunkenness, and in fact we've been told many times that our drunkest shows are our most fun shows. most people laugh when i say that. sorry you were not amused.
Later we find out Hatchet is at Taco John's, and they have all the guitars and whatever the fuck people need to play. So, instead of solving the problem and maybe calling dudes in Hatchet, everyone drinks somemore instead.
marcus, the singer of the hatchet, was the only one in that band NOT at taco johns; he was with us at the venue. he's also the only dude in the band whose number i had / have. when we couldnt find their van i told him to call them and have them come there. iassumed he did. i guess he didnt.
As I'm sitting there, I hear MEMBERS OF CROSS EXAMINATION say "this fucking sucks, no one is here, I'm not going to fucking play." I heard this with my very own ears and then rolled my very own eyes. So, I'm glad I'm not the only one that heard that shit. So, yeah, it's TOTALLY MY FAULT for you guys not being able to play... even though you could've set up and played hours before... and even though, based on what members of Cross Examination had said, YOU WEREN'T EVEN PLANNING TO. You got paid to get drunk and trash our place. Cool.
im sure that was kenny, our fill-in tour bassist. kenny says a lot of things. those things are meaninglessly awesome a good amount of the time. of COURSE we were gonna play the show. we're really lazy dudes though, and a running tour joke we got going is that we should just not play any shows at all and just sit on couches instead, as if we had never left for tour at all. whats extra funny about that is that we were at a mall in des moines earlier that day and saw a flyer that said "they're really gonna play this time" or something like that. kenny told the flyer "dont tell me what im gonna do" and then laughed and said we just shouldnt play. i dunno, maybe our sense of humor is only funny to us, but of course we were gonna play the damn show. i had no complaints about the turnout at all. we've played and tried hard to put on as good a show as we can to 5 people before. even if theres only a couple people at a show, maybe those couple of people are really super into my band and excited about it. itd be super shitty of us to take out any frustrations we have about people not showing up on the people that DID. i dunno, thats just my stance.
After hearing too many "all of you are faggots" from Hatchet, I go in the back and lean against the wall. I see a member of Cross Exam pick up a perfectly good ceiling tile (that was moved out of the way and set against the back wall BEFORE THE CEILING HAD FALLEN) and break it across the singer of Hatchet's back. These weren't ceiling tiles that were in pieces already, just ones that had fallen and were still good and were placed out of the way so they wouldn't get broken.

oh, whoops, yeah that was me. i didnt do that maliciously, i guess i just wasnt thinking about the fact that just because its not in the ceiling anymore doesnt mean it cant be put back. my bad.

honestly though, i did that after the 2nd time he called everybody at the show "iowa faggots", cause that shit annoyed me. i thought everyone there would appreciate me breaking shit over him, ya know? sorry.
Not only that, but after the ceiling had fallen and shit was all over, members of Cross Exam came in to the back room and started STOMPING on the ceiling that had fallen apart, the tiles and the plastic light covering, and then kicking the pieces all over the room.
i cant speak to this, i was upstairs trying to apologize to people. however, there wasnt anything usuable left of that ceiling, marcus made sure of that i guess. after he ripped it down he was picking up the tiles and shit and smashing them as such that there was nothing usable left (real damn cool right? i know.) so i dunno, if that happened at least it was just broken stuff that was getting broken. weak excuse, i guess, but like i said i didnt know anything about that. no one in my band is fessing up to that one; there was a theory presented that it was probably kicked out of the way so we could get all the equipment out as fast as possible, as we didnt know if des moines was going to kick all of our asses. i honestly dont know though.
Also, why is it my responsibility to find you guys a place to stay? I didn't book the show, so it's not my problem, and after my house got fucked up and trashed, I really, really don't give a fuck where you guys sleep. Also, if the PROMOTED HIMSELF left the show after all the bullshit, that must say something about the situation that was going on that night.
i do not ever remember saying it was your responsibility to find us a place to stay, at all. i complained about being kicked out merely because we wanted to play. and further, nate left before hatchet even played. when i talked to him the next day he didnt even know about all the rest of this. he left because he was annoyed that the show wasnt getting started, which is totally understandable. and like i have said before, and totally love saying, that was all hatchet's fault.

anyway, to dispel further rumors....we had no problem with that venue at all; in fact thought it was rad as hell. i havent said one negative word about the venue; my problem is with joe and the fact that he's spreading rumors about my band that i completely disagree with. also, we didnt complain once about the money at the door or anything like that. really, we're the chillest dudes ever and punk rock forever. we dont really care about money and shit like that, and basement shows and diy spaces are the best in all the land. you can all stop thinking we're rockstars or whatever.

anyway, thats what i got; take it for what you will. we have no ill will or malice towards the haunted basement or anything like that. i dont like hearing that my band is assholes, cause we're not, and i dont like hearing that some dude with a grudge is trying to fuck our shows over over some shit we didnt do. take that info however ya like.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:14 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:36 am

all i know is FUCK HATCHET for using the band name i was going to use like a million years ago, for the sweetest thrash metal band ever. so fuck Hatchet they deserve their shitty luck. dickheads.

devildanstl

Post by devildanstl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Thom wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:

sick emoticon burn! i am rendered e-speechless.

whatever

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh. This thread again.
Seriously

Thom

Post by Thom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm

High Five!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Here's some pictures of the show for those that missed out:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 pm

the only cool fanny packs are the ones thrasher mag. made.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 am

tylerjames515 wrote:the only cool fanny packs are the ones thrasher mag. made.
the vision ones were the best

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 am

joseph wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:the only cool fanny packs are the ones thrasher mag. made.
the vision ones were the best
Word. Vision Street Wear pouches for life!
I had the shoes that matched.

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 pm

devildanstl wrote:

whatever

8================D~~~~~~(.)(.)

LOOK AT HOW BIG MY E DICK IS

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Thom wrote:
devildanstl wrote:

whatever

8================D~~~~~~(.)(.)

LOOK AT HOW BIG MY E DICK IS
are those eyeballs or TITTIES?

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:10 pm

both, the sexiest of the two, depending on the situation.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:30 pm

RESSURECTION!!!!!!!! These guys are still around? and are obviously still a joke......
HATCHET Parts Ways With Singer - Oct. 20, 2009

San Francisco Bay Area's HATCHET has issued the following update:

"We are safe and sound now back home in the San Francisco Bay area.

After a six-week full U.S. tour that spanned the entire country, we returned home to an eager, vigorous crowd on October 16 at 924 Gilman with tour mates HAVOK, as well as WITCHAVEN and WARBRINGER. Definitely one of the most energetic shows of the tour and in the Bay that we have played, and it was a nice welcome home.

"We met a lot of cool and interesting people along the way as well as fans that have been waiting patiently to see us in parts of the country we had not been to.

"We want to extend a big thank you to all who came to see us, bought merch, or take us in for the night and gave us a place to party and sleep. You all know who you are!!

"As most have noticed by now, HATCHET returned to the Bay Area a four-piece. The exact details of the events leading to this will remain brief, as we do not believe in airing dirty laundry on a public board. Basically, we had vast musical and personal differences with our new vocalist from the start, and from the first show we played, it just did not click right. These problems only escalated throughout the tour until one night in Buffalo, New York, where he decided to hit the stage beyond reasonably drunk, and embarrassed us beyond belief to a packed house, leaving five people in the club to watch HAVOK after our set. Afterwards he quit and flew home that same night, leaving us across the country without a vocalist.

"Instead of throwing up our arms and coming home, we decided to continue the tour with guitarist Julz Ramos, on vocals. We took three shows off from tour and practiced our material with this arrangement in our new bass player's hometown of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, picking the tour up again in York, Pennsylvania.

"After that was resolved, we were able to continue the tour with HAVOK, and had a total blast.

"HAVOK are definitely some of the coolest dudes around and it was awesome sharing the stage with them every night whether it was a packed club, or a few people standing near a crowded bar.

"Partying with you guys was awesome and we can't wait to do it again...soon!!!

"A big thanks to everyone who supported us along the way and we promise we will see you out there again soon in early 2010!"

HATCHET was signed to Metal Blade Records in October 2007 and released its debut album, "Awaiting Evil", in the spring of 2008. The band takes the roots of '80s thrash metal and combines it with its own distinct elements to present a sound that is fresh, yet familiar.

HATCHET was quickly welcomed to a fastidious San Francisco metal scene and was one of the newer thrash acts key in resurrecting the scene — all but dead for more than a decade.