More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Re: i announce 515user JOE to be the king of credibility

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 pm

i just googled the phrase "ringo the lucky joker"

NO RESULTS FOUND

which means you just made that up. as far as i can tell you're the first person thats ever said that. so why did you put quotes around it?

also i love this is what the apparent demise of my friendship with joe milik has turned into.
you pissed johnny reeferseed off!! thats so fucked up
Tu vir nunc es, canis

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:59 pm

servo wrote:i just googled the phrase "ringo the lucky joker"

NO RESULTS FOUND

which means you just made that up. as far as i can tell you're the first person thats ever said that. so why did you put quotes around it?

also i love this is what the apparent demise of my friendship with joe milik has turned into.
you pissed johnny reeferseed off!! thats so fucked up
He was known as the Joker. John as the strong one. George as the smart one and Paul as the cute one. I called my cousin she was 10 in 63 and was a huge Beatles fan. No I didn't make it up. I got the other Quotes from a web site cause I couldn't remember.

Yeah nothing like fighting over the Beatles to make people come together on one side or the other. It's human nature and nothing units people like a fight about music, politics or religion.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:02 pm

oh man, you called your cousin because of this thread?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 pm

servo wrote:oh man, you called your cousin because of this thread?
Yeah she is kind of embarrassed about it. I didn't tell her it was about this. She was really into the Monkeys too. My dad used to crank call her saying he was Davey Jones. I hadn't talked to her for a while and we caught up too.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:11 pm

the monkeys were the best boy band ever
Tu vir nunc es, canis

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 pm

servo wrote:the monkeys were the best boy band ever
Agreed and Head is a fucked up movie. Did you know the main creative people behind the music were Neil Diamond and Frank Zappa?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

DaVo wrote:On the subject of the Stones. Sorry other then a few songs and early records, I've never understood the big deal. Keith Richards is not even that great of a guitarist. I guess I have to point this out again, they put out a FUCKING DISCO RECORD. Can you get any lamer then that?

Maybe it all comes down to me hearing Little Richard, Muddy Water, Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, etc... long before I heard the Beatles or Rolling Stones. It just came off as weak. The Stooges, Black Sabbath, the Who, MC5, New York Dolls, Velvet Underground, DeVo and Modern Lovers ripped off countless people. Well, maybe not DeVo but they all did it in a completely new way, had their own voice and effected music more then the Beatles or the Stones.
Everybody rips everybody off.That's just how it goes. Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and Chuck Berry ripped of the cats that came before them too. Chuck Berry actually ripped off his own piano player, Johnnie Johnson. That boogie woogie guitar rythm that's the backbone of most of his songs, came from Johnnie. Many of Chuck's big hits were in piano keys. I don't know many rock guitar players that write songs in b flat.

I used to see punk bands like Dumpster Juice, Lindbergh's Baby, Elephant Dick, Husker Du, The Suburbs, Flamin' O's, The Phones, etc back in Minneapolis and they all did at least one Stones song.

btw...I ain't ever heard the Stones do a disco record. Please enlighten me.
I poop on Petland!

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:21 pm

neil diamond had nothing to do with head. frank zappa, while in head, had nothing to do with head. head was written by monkeys creator bob rafelson and (the) jack nicolson.
Tu vir nunc es, canis

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:On the subject of the Stones. Sorry other then a few songs and early records, I've never understood the big deal. Keith Richards is not even that great of a guitarist. I guess I have to point this out again, they put out a FUCKING DISCO RECORD. Can you get any lamer then that?

Maybe it all comes down to me hearing Little Richard, Muddy Water, Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, etc... long before I heard the Beatles or Rolling Stones. It just came off as weak. The Stooges, Black Sabbath, the Who, MC5, New York Dolls, Velvet Underground, DeVo and Modern Lovers ripped off countless people. Well, maybe not DeVo but they all did it in a completely new way, had their own voice and effected music more then the Beatles or the Stones.
Everybody rips everybody off.That's just how it goes. Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and Chuck Berry ripped of the cats that came before them too. Chuck Berry actually ripped off his own piano player, Johnnie Johnson. That boogie woogie guitar rythm that's the backbone of most of his songs, came from Johnnie. Many of Chuck's big hits were in piano keys. I don't know many rock guitar players that write songs in b flat.

I used to see punk bands like Dumpster Juice, Lindbergh's Baby, Elephant Dick, Husker Du, The Suburbs, Flamin' O's, The Phones, etc back in Minneapolis and they all did at least one Stones song.

Yes lots of Punk bands covered Stones songs. Social Distortion covered Backstreet Girl and Under My Thumb. Does that make the Stones great? No. In fact the SD versions are much better than the originals. In fact the more SD got like the Stones the less interesting they became.

I can't remember. It was single off their album from 77 78 called Emotional Something.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:30 pm

oh you said the music not the movie

zappa never wrote for the monkeys. they scored a hit by doing a neal diamond cover.

yeah, they werent the main creative forces by a long shot
Tu vir nunc es, canis

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 pm

servo wrote:neil diamond had nothing to do with head. frank zappa, while in head, had nothing to do with head. head was written by monkeys creator bob rafelson and (the) jack nicolson.
Yeah I was talking about writing the music. I think Zappa may have been involved with the shows writing and production too.

There's a whole story behind Head and how they got creative control to put out the last season or something.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm

yeah, zappa had nothing to do with the show
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 pm

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

Yes lots of Punk bands covered Stones songs. Social Distortion covered Backstreet Girl and Under My Thumb. Does that make the Stones great? No. In fact the SD versions are much better than the originals. In fact the more SD got like the Stones the less interesting they became.

I can't remember. It was single off their album from 77 78 called Emotional Something.
Emotional Rescue sounds like a funk song to me. It ain't no disco.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
No no it was a single off the album. 'Missing You'??? or something like that. They got a lot of shit for it.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 pm

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:
No no it was a single off the album. 'Missing You'??? or something like that. They got a lot of shit for it.
Miss You is on Some Girls. See you don't even know what the fuck yer talkin' about. I know my disco, and "Miss You" ain't no disco song. I don't know who they got alot of shit from. That tour sold out everywhere. maybe the press called it disco, but anyone that knows a thing about music, knows that's bullshit.
Last edited by Big Fat Retard on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I poop on Petland!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Who the fuck are "The MONKEYS"?

Did you guys all take huge brain shits this morning and forget how to spell "MONKEES"?

Fucking idiots.

All the bands mentioned in this thread are shit.

/thread
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Varg wrote:Who the fuck are "The MONKEYS"?

Did you guys all take huge brain shits this morning and forget how to spell "MONKEES"?

Fucking idiots.
he does have a good point there.
I poop on Petland!

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:08 pm

anyone who completely dismisses the beatles and doesn't recognize that they are some of the best song writers ever doesn't know anything about music.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:06 am

why do you all 'hate' eachother again?

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:08 am

cuz we are all just shitty, shifty fucking dudes
Tu vir nunc es, canis

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 am

start a club then and get matching outfits...

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:29 am

Or maybe you could all go dowwwntown.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 am

You could combine the 2 ideas...

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:why do you all 'hate' eachother again?
Here's the bigger question. Is Seahag ready to play the Bishops show?

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:30 am

varg - even sabbath?

and i'm really impressed with everyone else's ability to post a bunch of shit they JUST READ ON THE INTERNET to look like they know what the fuck they are talking about.
REALLY IMPRESSED.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:59 pm

moltar wrote:
dood, we should do it!!!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:50 pm

moltar wrote:
Funny I tried PM those who I was told to contact and got No Reply, No Reply(Sorry Lanny was playing the Buzzcocks last night at GTs and I can't get them out of my head).

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:22 pm

ilikehorses wrote:anyone who completely dismisses the beatles and doesn't recognize that they are some of the best song writers ever doesn't know anything about music.

What do you know about music? I forgot- what music school did you say you graduated from?
inx515xhell wrote:varg - even sabbath?

Yes, EVEN sabbath. What the fuck do I care about shitty music that's 50 years old? That shit was even worse than the beatles...AND distorted.
Who can honestly admit they admire black sabbath? Ozzy sucks total balls at "singing". Tony Iommi has 7 fingers. "Geezer" (lol) butler ...wow, now there's an amazing bass player. And nobody knows the drummers name because let's face it- anybody with no musical inclination whatsoever who has five minutes to spare, could learn to drum the entire sabbath catalogue.

Not original- don't care. People say the same shit about hendrix- "He was doing stuff nobody else was at the time!" Really? I think about 130 years prior there was this guy named Chopin who could shred the fuck out of a piano. Talk about devolving music.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:27 pm

DaVo wrote:
servo wrote:oh man, you called your cousin because of this thread?
Yeah she is kind of embarrassed about it.

bwhahaha " hey cuz, yeah davo here....um doin a little research.... um there's this thread....anyway you liked the Beatles right?"

FUCK! :lol:

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Varg wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:anyone who completely dismisses the beatles and doesn't recognize that they are some of the best song writers ever doesn't know anything about music.

What do you know about music? I forgot- what music school did you say you graduated from?
inx515xhell wrote:varg - even sabbath?

Yes, EVEN sabbath. What the fuck do I care about shitty music that's 50 years old? That shit was even worse than the beatles...AND distorted.
Who can honestly admit they admire black sabbath? Ozzy sucks total balls at "singing". Tony Iommi has 7 fingers. "Geezer" (lol) butler ...wow, now there's an amazing bass player. And nobody knows the drummers name because let's face it- anybody with no musical inclination whatsoever who has five minutes to spare, could learn to drum the entire sabbath catalogue.

Not original- don't care. People say the same shit about hendrix- "He was doing stuff nobody else was at the time!" Really? I think about 130 years prior there was this guy named Chopin who could shred the fuck out of a piano. Talk about devolving music.

i wasn't aware that you had to have a degree from a music school to have an opinion on music...

i guess you learn something new everyday.

BILL WARD MOTHERFUCKER.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody