More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

DaVo

Des Moines Hardcore

Post by DaVo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 am

You all need to bring back the old school DMHC sight logo.

I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

joseph

Re: Des Moines Hardcore

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:33 pm

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/muc/2858834759.html
melodic hardcore band seeks guitarist (des moines)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-03-06, 5:23PM CST
Reply to: nhkdm-2858834759@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are a melodic hardcore band based out of Des Moines and we are currently looking for another guitarist. we have a drummer, bassist, vocalist and guitarist already. all of use have prior band experience and would you prefer you to have some as well but its not necessary. our influences mostly revolve around Counterparts, Heart In Hand, Hundredth The Ghost Inside, For The Fallen Dreams, No Bragging Rights, It Prevails, but they branch out to anything and everything. if you have any questions please email the link above. were hoping to hear from you soon.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 pm

(((((( Hardcore/screamo FRONTMAN/VOCALIST LOOKING FOR BAND ))))))))))) (SOUTHSIDE)

Date: 2012-02-29, 2:49PM CST
Reply to: vnjsv-2877635292@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Im 26year old male. My sound and visual is very aggressive, with understand every word that comes out of my diophram. Get them to know and love our music with a force that would make them not do anything other wise . I have lots of writing expeirence. Been playing guitar and drums also since i was 12. Self-tought. Band won battle of bands when iwas 17. I was the frontman. My influences are mainly hardcore (new metal) Slipknot, Bring me the horizon, Bury your dead, the devil wears prada, system of the down, the human abstract.. Text 515-778-8516

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/muc/2877635292.html

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Experienced Worship Leader Available (Des Moines area)

Date: 2012-02-28, 12:31AM CST
Reply to: 45knz-2874814986@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Experienced theologically conservative worship leader with heart for the lost available to help lead contemporary worship. Lead singer & guitarist with ministry background in worship, evangelism, youth & education can help with worship and outreach. Contact Roger at (515)422-1405.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/muc/2874814986.html

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Metal/Hardcore band from MPLS wants to gig share! (Des Moines)

Date: 2012-02-22, 12:13PM CST
Reply to: grtp7-2838372357@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are interested in coming to Des Moines to play a show with other local bands. Check our videos of us out.

http://www.facebook.com/sickoftalkingaboutit
http://www.reverbnation.com/sickoftalkingaboutit

If you are in a gigging band that may fit our style. Reply.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:42 pm

**!!!!!!!!! Hardcore Band NEED DRUMMER ASAP!!!! (DEVILWEARS/THROWDOWN/ (DEftones bullet for my vallentine)

Date: 2012-02-17, 7:33PM CST
Reply to: sqf4x-2857184329@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

3 pc band with experience Needs a drummer. Must be show ready. Text 515-778-8516

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Looking for Post-Hardcore Drummer (Pleasant Hill, Iowa)

Date: 2012-02-17, 10:53AM CST
Reply to: Th3CommonHours@yahoo.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are in need of a drummer for our band.
We have a vocalist, two guitars/vocals, and a bassist.
We have two songs already but need to add the drums.
We sound like Of Mice & Men.
You must have the ability to travel with your equipment to Pleasant Hill where we have all of our stuff set up.
You do not need live experience.
Just send me a email, its connected to this, and I will answer as it is in my phone.
If you have any questions and such dont be afraid to ask.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Man you must spend a lot of time on the CL

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm

nah i hardly ever go there. i thought it odd that all of these were listed as hardcore. i didnt know that was a normal term. guess im jaded/OLD

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 pm

oh my god that sick of talking about it band. check out their reverbnation page.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

"make sure you check out the shirts in the back. we got them selling for ten dollars each"

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:05 pm

joseph wrote:nah i hardly ever go there. i thought it odd that all of these were listed as hardcore. i didnt know that was a normal term. guess im jaded/OLD
Oh yes it is and it seems to become more and more fragmented with each passing year. Which is amusing in a way cause it was first used to combat the fragmentation of the term Punk. It was a throw back to the words original use to describe the material waste used to replace bedrock for foundations of buildings. The idea that Hardcore was some how at the heart or purity of the movement. In a way it went against the original idea of inclusion that punk had in the beginning. Which may have been why so many of the first generation punks hated it so much and moved along.

This is all why I'm confused by the marketing term of post-hardcore. First because I have to wonder if this is post the hardcore punk movement of the 80s or is the one from the 90s? Or is music that is less pure and dedicated as it once was?

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:13 pm

DaVo wrote:
This is all why I'm confused by the marketing term of post-hardcore. First because I have to wonder if this is post the hardcore punk movement of the 80s or is the one from the 90s? Or is music that is less pure and dedicated as it once was?

I THINK YOU HIT THE SPOT WITH "marketing term". THANK YOU. IMA GO BACK TO HOT TOPIC TO GET SOME VINYLs

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm

joseph wrote:
DaVo wrote:

I THINK YOU HIT THE SPOT WITH "marketing term". THANK YOU. IMA GO BACK TO HOT TOPIC TO GET SOME VINYLs
see that's why if I ever get off my tired wrinkly old ass and start a band again, we will list as many of this useless terms as we can. So that we can disappoint a much boarder audience when we sound nothing like anything they are interested in.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:34 pm

DaVo wrote:
joseph wrote:
DaVo wrote:

see that's why if I ever get off my tired wrinkly old ass and start a band again, we will list as many of this useless terms as we can. So that we can disappoint a much boarder audience when we sound nothing like anything they are interested in.
FROM NOW ON IM GONNA SAY THIS NEW BAND IM IN IS - FUCKCORE

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:31 am

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 am

labels are labels - take em with a grain of salt
Quote from: Harry Hijinks on November 17, 2009, 09:54:40 AM
"adita like dis adita like dat.. adita wit, a wiffle ball bat!"