More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

bradleyadita

Gooooood Morning Iowa Hardcore!

Post by bradleyadita » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 am

As I could tell from the recent activity around here that y'all need a GOOOOOD MORNING IOWA HARDCORE! like a strong cup of coffee, and I hope to give it to you with this post.

Well, yup, here I am, Bradley Adita, closing in on the other side of ten years since I left Iowa. It been a while for both of us and I am looking forward to hear what y'all have been up to in the years since. If you don't know who I am, that's cool too, its been a long time, and I am sure that many of you don't know me. I was definitely more of fixture on the Iowa City scene, and only rarely made the trek to the 515/Des Moines area during my Iowa tenure ('97-'03). However, even if you don't know me, you know a little bit of my work, since the 515crew message board logo as seen in the upper left corner was designed by me.

So, why have I returned? Well some of you probably can already guess this, but for everyone else, I'll make it clear. I still have around 300 copies of IowaHardcore.com(pilation) with me back in Illinois and now (and next year, 2013) seems like the time to make the last push and get these out to the people who care the most about it.

Obviously, times have changed drastically over the past 9 years. We've saw hardcore and emo grow enormously in the 00s and the rise of indie rock and the fall of the major labels. Screamo became crunkcore which became dubstep. The internet has never been more important in the realm of music. Myspace went from a complete unknown, to the biggest social media site on the planet and then crumbled away. Now Facebook is possibly the most dominant site on the web, and Bandcamp is picking up the slack held years ago by Myspace. Pandora, Spotify, and countless other web based music streams have given fans more listening options.

Into this mix, I intend to re-release the remaining IowaHardcore.com(pilation) copies. I am looking into distribution and if that fails, I will be personally delivering these CDs to indie record shops across Iowa. If the interest is there, I'd also like to organize a 10 year anniversary tour across Iowa in autumn 2013. Another idea, if the interest is there, is to put together a 10 year anniversary compilation for free listening and download via Bandcamp.

I am looking to the 515crew community to be the central hub of activity for these projects. Your comments, praises, and criticisms are appreciated.

Thanks for your time. And hope to see you in Iowa 2013.
- Bradley Adita
http://www.adita.org/zine

Quote from: Harry Hijinks on November 17, 2009, 09:54:40 AM
"adita like dis adita like dat.. adita wit, a wiffle ball bat!"

inx515xhell

Re: Gooooood Morning Iowa Hardcore!

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 am

so are you gonna juggle or what?

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 am

inx515xhell wrote:so are you gonna juggle or what?
if there is an IAHC 10 year anniversary tour, I will surely juggle.
only thing: i'm not sure anyone want to see an old heavy-set Bradley Adita juggle, but I dont care, i'll do it anyway.

so how have you been inx515xhell? have we met? seems like maybe yes, or at least you knew i juggled.

here's an old gem for ya:

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm

toomanywordz

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:toomanywordz
yeah, it was definitely a lot of words, but then again, its been almost 10 years... so...
whatevs

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey, Brad! The Rally quote in your sig was what i was coming in here to post.

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Nick wrote:Hey, Brad! The Rally quote in your sig was what i was coming in here to post.
Whats up Noafex! yeah since the PPMB is down, we gotsta get our message bored fix somehow...

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:44 am

so the two ideas about a 2013 IAHC Anniversary Tour and a 2013 IAHC Anniversary compilation (free, only available on bandcamp)

thoughts?

here's the 10 biggest cities in Iowa.

Top 10 cities in Iowa by size.
1. Des Moines - (center) - 206,000
2. Cedar Rapids - (east center) - 127,000
3. Davenport - (far east center) - 100,000
4. Sioux City - (far west center) - 82,000
5. Iowa City - (east center) - 68,000
6. Waterloo - (north east center) - 68,000
7. Council Bluffs - (far mid west center) - 62,000
8. Ames - (center) - 59,000
9. Dubuque - (far east north center)
10. West Des Moines - (center) - 57,000

nate

Post by nate » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:43 am

bradleyadita wrote:
Into this mix, I intend to re-release the remaining IowaHardcore.com(pilation) copies. I am looking into distribution and if that fails, I will be personally delivering these CDs to indie record shops across Iowa.
Hey Bradley,

If you do have some copies leftover, feel free to bring us a few, and we'll sell them on consignment. I would guess that the Undergroundrockshop in Des Moines, Record Collector in Iowa City, Vinyl Cafe in Ames, and Moondog Music in Dubuque would be good possibilities, too. It's your call, of course, but just thought I'd offer.

Nate
Zzz Records/Des Moines

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

nate wrote:Hey Bradley, If you do have some copies leftover, feel free to bring us a few, and we'll sell them on consignment. I would guess that the Undergroundrockshop in Des Moines, Record Collector in Iowa City, Vinyl Cafe in Ames, and Moondog Music in Dubuque would be good possibilities, too. It's your call, of course, but just thought I'd offer.
Nate
Zzz Records/Des Moines
Nate, hey, thanks for writing back (you are/were in Black Market Fetus, yes?). I was in Zzz Records the same day as that Teenage Bottlerocket/Masked Intruder show. I made the walk down from Gas Lamp. Liked the shop! Thanks for offering to take some of the CDs. I have to see whats I can work out with distribution (in Chicago) first. But if not I'll probably be making a road trip around Iowa to various record shops and making contacts and stuff.
Anyway thanks for the response and lets keep in touch about this stuff.
- Brad

nate

Post by nate » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 am

bradleyadita wrote:
nate wrote:Hey Bradley, If you do have some copies leftover, feel free to bring us a few, and we'll sell them on consignment. I would guess that the Undergroundrockshop in Des Moines, Record Collector in Iowa City, Vinyl Cafe in Ames, and Moondog Music in Dubuque would be good possibilities, too. It's your call, of course, but just thought I'd offer.
Nate
Zzz Records/Des Moines
Nate, hey, thanks for writing back (you are/were in Black Market Fetus, yes?). I was in Zzz Records the same day as that Teenage Bottlerocket/Masked Intruder show. I made the walk down from Gas Lamp. Liked the shop! Thanks for offering to take some of the CDs. I have to see whats I can work out with distribution (in Chicago) first. But if not I'll probably be making a road trip around Iowa to various record shops and making contacts and stuff.
Anyway thanks for the response and lets keep in touch about this stuff.
- Brad
Close. You're thinking of Nate Fetus, who helps us out behind the desk every Tuesday night. I'm the other Nate (the owner). Confusing, I know...

I'm not sure if Nate Fetus is still on this board or not, but if you want his email, just get a hold of me privately and I can send it to you.

Later!

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 am

nate wrote: Close. You're thinking of Nate Fetus, who helps us out behind the desk every Tuesday night. I'm the other Nate (the owner). Confusing, I know... I'm not sure if Nate Fetus is still on this board or not, but if you want his email, just get a hold of me privately and I can send it to you. Later!
Oh! my mistake. Well nice to make your acquaintance, even if it is by digital means. Well I'll be looking into distribution for the remaining copies and if that fails I'll make a list of cities and mom&pop record shops to visit.

What's your feeling about a small tour in late 2013. Do you think it would be worthwhile? Any band recommendations?

nate

Post by nate » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 am

bradleyadita wrote:
nate wrote: Close. You're thinking of Nate Fetus, who helps us out behind the desk every Tuesday night. I'm the other Nate (the owner). Confusing, I know... I'm not sure if Nate Fetus is still on this board or not, but if you want his email, just get a hold of me privately and I can send it to you. Later!
Oh! my mistake. Well nice to make your acquaintance, even if it is by digital means. Well I'll be looking into distribution for the remaining copies and if that fails I'll make a list of cities and mom&pop record shops to visit.

What's your feeling about a small tour in late 2013. Do you think it would be worthwhile? Any band recommendations?
Brad: I tried writing to you, but it says that you will need to turn on the ability to receive private messages before I can send my message. (Or, you can just email me at general@zzzrecords.com, and I can reply that way.)

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Lol

bradleyadita

Post by bradleyadita » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am

Hank Fist wrote:Lol
Lol, no shit.

Anyway, still here, though there doesnt seems to be much interest here. I will be at the PGTT reunion / benefit show at Eagles Reception Hall on April 28th.

Anyone going to that?

Has that show been mentioned her at all?

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 am

no idea what that is

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:24 am

preacher gone to texas?

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 pm

wow i lost my preacher gone to texas demo years ago. bummer. anyone want to upload?