More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

MATT MUTT

Re: vaudeville mews the new house of bricks?

Post by MATT MUTT » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:38 pm

joseph wrote:
Varg wrote: I'm not on tour,.
again.

when is your next show? what tour are you playing on? what band are you in? whats your website?

and did you compare your teaching to steve vai? and you are trying to call out Matt?

He's not in a band, but he was in a band called "Serpents".

Vag, I will most deffinatly come visit you at work! Infact I called there today to see when you worked next. Do you set your own hours, cus they couldn't tell me when you work next. I don't have anything personal aginst you. I dont care how big you are, I just wanna fight you cus then we'll be better friends.
Last edited by MATT MUTT on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 am

DaVo wrote: I don't know which is funnier, the fact that you keep posting your resume to impress me and a group of people that you continue to describe as stupid or the fact that it's so easy to get your panties in a bunch. You left yourself wide open with the teaching reference, it's was an easy target and I got the reaction I figured I'd get. More about how clueless I was and how great you are. By the way, I've never heard of ISU being known for it's music program but then again it's not really something I've spent much time looking into.
I could list a dozen schools here with highly respected music programs and you would've never even heard of them. That's not even something I would discuss with you because it's so beyond you.
The fact is that teaching and touring with band that isn't even on the first page of a google search doesn't make you anything more than a struggling musician at best. Oh and it doesn't impress me in the least. I don't care what you did in the isolation of your school. The fact is that school doesn't create artists or new ideas, schools tend to only give the technique and tools or more often create falsely created big egos and general tools.

If your attitude in the real world is anything like what it is on here, you are going to fail. See your attitude expresses a false and weak level of success. If this is any expression of how you teach, you must really suck at it. You know while we or at least I am on the subject of teaching, I have to say that I have seen a great deal of people with huge amounts of ability and education that couldn't write a song to save their life but I've seen a number of terrible to average musician that could write very creatively great songs. Why is that? Were they so caught up in the mechanics and aping other better artist that they lost their own voice or creativity. Or maybe they didn't have any in the first place and really are doing nothing but mimicking their heroes?

I leave with one last thought because I know you love it when I share my little pearls of wisdom. Someone a long time ago told me this and I've found it true time and time again. "Always support talented people because the untalented will always make it on their own." aka "Shit will always float to the top."
Yap yap yap. That's what every non-proficient musician says. "You're good at your instrument so you can't write music." So true. It's a commonly well-known fact that people who are proficient and technically gifted musicians can not write music. Only shitty musicians can write music. Mozart and Beethoven were both child prodigies and we all know that they wrote some of the worst music ever that's ever disgraced the planet. The same can be said of nearly every top-tier, second-tier, and even third-tier level composers. Let's face it, John Petrucci is a great guitar player but he could never write a song to save his life. You know, because you don't like that style of music. That's why he can't write. The White Stripes- pioneers. Now THAT'S what I call music vol. 354.
Your argument is such a tired cliche'. I wasn't even aware people still tried to get away with that. What a pathetic attempt- coincidentally the same phrase I would use to describe your life.
joseph wrote:
when is your next show? what tour are you playing on? what band are you in? whats your website?

and did you compare your teaching to steve vai? and you are trying to call out Matt? (and kylerv isnt the kyle your referring to)
My next show is tomorrow (srs), but more importantly- Why the fuck do you care? Get off my nuts dude. You ask more questions than a god damn woman.
MATT MUTT wrote:Kyle has nothing to do whit anyting.

I said what i said cus all the shit your spilling.

I do actually oppoligize about posting where you work though, that wasnt right.
You dragged him into with your stupid little quips.
MATT MUTT wrote: He's not in a band, but he was in a band called "Serpents".
Didn't know you were such a fan. Glad to see you following my career so closely. You said two things in that sentence and managed to only get half of it right- how is that possible since you know so much about me? Much like with the rest of your diatribe, you're just talking out of your ass. I'll let you figure out which part is wrong.
Vag, I will most deffinatly come visit you at work! Infact I called there today to see when you worked next. Do you set your own hours, cus they couldn't tell me when you work next. I don't have anything personal aginst you. I dont care how big you are, I just wanna fight you cus then we'll be better friends. It's like when soldiers go to war and come back feeling like they know the people they fought beside better than the rest of the cevilians.

No you didn't. They know exactly when I'm there. My students don't call the store because they know better. If you actually did call, then they did their job by not telling you shit. I'm sure you think this is some hilarious internet hijinks with no repercussions and from the way it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if you try to use that as a cop-out to smooth things over. And I'm here to tell you that's not going to happen.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 pm

shut the fuck up
As time moves
There's no sound

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Rooster wrote:shut the fuck up
(yawn) agree.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:20 pm

I just saw Serpentsssssss is playing the mews with The Wretched on 12/7. Get your fag on.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:04 am

will you go to the show with me beaver ?

i will bring some condoms

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:57 pm

oh, hey, one more thing

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:49 pm

hahahahahahahahaha
As time moves
There's no sound

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 pm

DaVo wrote:
(yawn) agree.

COOL DUDE. Way to bump a thread that had already been dead for two days. Just had to remind yourself of your relevance here, is that it?

Kudos on another well played hand, shit-head.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 am

Varg wrote:
DaVo wrote:
(yawn) agree.

COOL DUDE. Way to bump a thread that had already been dead for two days. Just had to remind yourself of your relevance here, is that it?

Kudos on another well played hand, shit-head.
I think you are just upset that it took two days for me to even notice there were any additional posts. Part of the reason was that I was working on the Archives, hanging out with my son and Lanny and fishing.

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 pm

fuck you Varg.go shove a tampon up your ass
As time moves
There's no sound

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 pm

At one point the Mews also said they were going to stop having punk shows because I went to them.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:19 pm

big hard core show http://vaudevillemews.com/events/what-w ... /?sId=1788
What We've BecomeThu, December 29, Doors: 4:00 pm - Show: 4:30 pm - All Ages - $7
hardcore/punk/metal
TweetWe are a 5 piece Melodic, Metal, Hardcore band out of Des Moines, Iowa. We are here not to be rock stars or to be cocky, we are here to express ourselves and share the experience with everyone we play in front of. We have played with a few big name acts such as, Dying Fetus, Darkest Hour, Veil of Maya, Periphery, The Ghost Inside, Texas in July, It Prevails.. We have a 3 song EP out named "The Essence Of..." Check it out its and tell us what you think. Check our dates out and come jam! hopefully get a chance to play at a place near you.
With:
A Past Unknown
Taking Strides
Dividing The Masses
Pressing Forward
Engage This Nightmare
Stand By Your Anchors
Nightmare for Dreamers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that ive never heard of any of these bands...

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Look closer

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:21 pm

at what?

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm

New venue opening in the East Village.

http://desmoines.metromix.com/music/blo ... 99/content

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Nick wrote:New venue opening in the East Village.

Boy that didn't take long. How long was 504 open? 10 months? I think they had the worst beer stock and service in Des Moines.

I"m sure Sam will do a much better job. Plus he'll be seeing the real profit in Live Music, Booze Sales.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 am

im always in favor of more venues.

sams

Post by sams » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

DaVo wrote:

Boy that didn't take long. How long was 504 open? 10 months? I think they had the worst beer stock and service in Des Moines.

I"m sure Sam will do a much better job. Plus he'll be seeing the real profit in Live Music, Booze Sales.
We are planning on 24+ taps plus just about every tallboy available. We will also have a great selection of non-alcoholic beverages. More importantly we are putting in a PA configured for that room. Pretty excited about the whole thing. I love being as far away from 3rd street as possible.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm

sams wrote:
DaVo wrote:

We are planning on 24+ taps plus just about every tallboy available. We will also have a great selection of non-alcoholic beverages. More importantly we are putting in a PA configured for that room. Pretty excited about the whole thing. I love being as far away from 3rd street as possible.
As long as you have Guinness on tap or Pub Cans and not them rip off 11.2oz Guinness bottles and Bushmills, I'll be happy.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 am

sams wrote:
DaVo wrote:

Fuck yeah, this is awesome.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 am

This is good news

nate

Post by nate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 pm

That building is absolutely amazing, but it has been underutilized for years. Quite frankly, it probably should have been the focal point of the whole East Village from the start (as a venue... not a store that sells wedding gowns & prom dresses). Sam: Any chance that you'll be use the basement as part of your venue? It seems like it was full of storage racks & shelves a few years ago, so maybe it wouldn't work...

sams

Post by sams » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:50 am

nate wrote:That building is absolutely amazing, but it has been underutilized for years. Quite frankly, it probably should have been the focal point of the whole East Village from the start (as a venue... not a store that sells wedding gowns & prom dresses). Sam: Any chance that you'll be use the basement as part of your venue? It seems like it was full of storage racks & shelves a few years ago, so maybe it wouldn't work...
The basement is not part of our lease, but you're right that would be a cool spot for shows as well. It is currently packed with boxes etc. The 3rd floor of the building is a pretty cool space too.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 pm

MATT MUTT wrote:The world is full stupid people.
Everybody knows that. So meet me at the mission at midnight and get me a beer.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 pm

elliot wrote:
MATT MUTT wrote:The world is full stupid people.
Everybody knows that. So meet me at the mission at midnight and get me a beer.
Elliot won this thread.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Fri May 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Varg is probably the most legit poster on this site
Persona non grata

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Fri May 23, 2014 3:35 pm

zach krook wrote:Varg is probably the least legit poster on this site
fixed that for you.

varg isnt anything like he is on here in real life (except for the dumb politicial beliefs of course). im kind of glad i didnt go to the strip club with him when he invited me. i would have had to explain where those long silky hairs came from.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 am

zach krook wrote:Varg is probably the most legit poster on this site

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed May 28, 2014 7:59 pm

To answer this question after years and pages of debate, no, not really.