More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Re: Something Creepy Waterloo Way Comes...

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed May 07, 2008 9:19 pm

No, for the most part, I am. I just don't care. I'm not going to act like I don't care that shitty fucking minorities are ruining this country just for the sake of a bunch of assholes on a website thinking I'm a nice dude. You can all think whatever you want, and so will I.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu May 08, 2008 9:55 am

Smoking Guns wrote: shouldn't racism feel like a slap in the face?
only to the people that are racist
Smoking Guns wrote:he may never change, but that doesn't mean we have to stop pointing out what a shitty human he is.

i think the more people that refuse to accept this kind of shit, the better.
people can believe whatever they want. im not agreeing or defending joey he does that for himself but ridiculing someone for their beliefs, no matter what they are, is mean.
and the more its brought up the dumber the arguments are. joey defense usually ends with something like "fuck you thats what i think" so theres not much entertainment reading about it over and over again....

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Thu May 08, 2008 7:10 pm

yes. "what punk means to me..." essays make eyes roll.

yes. people can believe whatever they want.

yes. nobody is going to change joey's mind.

yes. getting ostracized for being a bigot is perfectly acceptible.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Thu May 08, 2008 9:38 pm

joseph wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote: shouldn't racism f joey defense usually ends with something like "fuck you thats what i think"
This is an excellent point that will not be proven otherwise.

Fuck you, that's what I think.

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Fri May 09, 2008 12:19 am

i drove by the cattle congress grounds today & noticed lots of gray office trailers set up. there was a sign posted on the fence but i forget what it said or what company was there.

jesse p

Post by jesse p » Fri May 09, 2008 12:50 am

i live down the street from cattle congress and there's guards everywhere. shits crazy

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri May 09, 2008 10:57 am

No matter what, it's still creepy when the Feds come into a place, bring in a bunch of trailers, and board up all the windows. Someones life will suck sometime soon.

Remember what those bastards did to E.T.!!!!!!!!!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri May 09, 2008 11:09 am

Also, I heard Janet Reno is overseeing the operation...uh-oh! :shock:

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri May 09, 2008 1:06 pm

I was getting tattooed last night, and the artists wife calls in tears.

She teaches ESL to immigrants working hard day and night to become a citizen of this country. Half of them couldn't show up to class last night because they are being put in the camp to be deported.

Yeah, let's go ahead and deport immigrants who are trying very hard to become a part of this country while there are people living here who dont care or appreciate where they live.

Think broader than my country, their country. Let's think a little more of humanity as a whole.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 09, 2008 1:10 pm

deportation might suck for some but there is a process with guidelines and everything

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 pm

I understand that, but I will say that putting them camps with blacked-out windows like cattle is pretty fucked. I live with jessep, so i live right next to it. I drove by it last night, and its eerie. Seeing it just made me so fucking mad.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 09, 2008 1:24 pm

andrewd wrote:I understand that, but I will say that putting them camps with blacked-out windows like cattle is pretty fucked. I live with jessep, so i live right next to it. I drove by it last night, and its eerie. Seeing it just made me so fucking mad.
yeah. agreed but .... what are you gonna do? and whos gonna pay for it?

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri May 09, 2008 1:37 pm

That's really not a fair question, seeing as how the government spends alot of money in ways that I don't personally approve of.

But who cares what you and I think....not our government, that's for sure.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 09, 2008 1:39 pm

andrewd wrote:That's really not a fair question, seeing as how the government spends alot of money in ways that I don't personally approve of.

But who cares what you and I think....not our government, that's for sure.
that wasnt a direct question just more rhetoric

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri May 09, 2008 1:41 pm

fair enough.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri May 09, 2008 1:43 pm

joseph wrote:people can believe whatever they want. im not agreeing or defending joey he does that for himself but ridiculing someone for their beliefs, no matter what they are, is mean.
this is the classic statement that so many fall victim to: "it's a free country". true, we shouldn't look down on someone for what they believe because we don't agree with them. but hating someone simply for what color their skin is or where they're from is not a belief, it's just hate.

would you accept violence committed against someone because of their race? if you wouldn't and if you oppose violence, what about the systematic violence of using and exploiting other cultures' natural resources to the point that they have to move to foreign lands just to survive? what about the notion of deeming another human being "illegal"?

freedom of speech, whether granted by a governing body or not, does not protect people who wish to take away the same basic human rights we have from those they deem to be inferior based on skin color and origin. that's fascism, folks.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 09, 2008 1:52 pm

@nonymous wrote:
joseph wrote:people can believe whatever they want. im not agreeing or defending joey he does that for himself but ridiculing someone for their beliefs, no matter what they are, is mean.
this is the classic statement that so many fall victim to: "it's a free country". true, we shouldn't look down on someone for what they believe because we don't agree with them. but hating someone simply for what color their skin is or where they're from is not a belief, it's just hate.

would you accept violence committed against someone because of their race? if you wouldn't and if you oppose violence, what about the systematic violence of using and exploiting other cultures' natural resources to the point that they have to move to foreign lands just to survive? what about the notion of deeming another human being "illegal"?

freedom of speech, whether granted by a governing body or not, does not protect people who wish to take away the same basic human rights we have from those they deem to be inferior based on skin color and origin. that's fascism, folks.
why are you quoting me and then saying "its a free country" i didnt say that. apply what i said to anything other than joeys ancient belief if that makes you feel better. you cant have it both ways. so does it make you the fascist when you want everyone to unlearn and relearn in your way...?(yeah i know its a stretch)

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri May 09, 2008 2:08 pm

joseph wrote:why are you quoting me and then saying "its a free country" i didnt say that. apply what i said to anything other than joeys ancient belief if that makes you feel better. you cant have it both ways. so does it make you the fascist when you want everyone to unlearn and relearn in your way...?(yeah i know its a stretch)
not tolerating racism is not fascist, if that's what you're suggesting. if not, i don't really think you're making a point.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri May 09, 2008 2:38 pm

@nonymous wrote:
joseph wrote:why are you quoting me and then saying "its a free country" i didnt say that. apply what i said to anything other than joeys ancient belief if that makes you feel better. you cant have it both ways. so does it make you the fascist when you want everyone to unlearn and relearn in your way...?(yeah i know its a stretch)
not tolerating racism is not fascist, if that's what you're suggesting. if not, i don't really think you're making a point.
not tolerating what "someone" believes and forcing them to believe what "others" believe could be defined as fascism.
but were in agreement. youre not making a point and neither am i.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri May 09, 2008 2:48 pm

andrewd wrote: Think broader than my country, their country. Let's think a little more of humanity as a whole.

It seems like we're the only ones in the world expected to do this.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri May 09, 2008 3:00 pm

El Rhino wrote:
andrewd wrote: Think broader than my country, their country. Let's think a little more of humanity as a whole.

let's pretend that is true (which i don't believe it is). what would you rather be, the country that is as bad as everyone else or the country that is much better than everyone else? would you want to stoop to their lows or reach for our own high standards?
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri May 09, 2008 3:18 pm

ilikehorses wrote:
El Rhino wrote:

let's pretend that is true (which i don't believe it is). what would you rather be, the country that is as bad as everyone else or the country that is much better than everyone else? would you want to stoop to their lows or reach for our own high standards?

The simple answer is that I'd rather be the "much better" country, if possible. I wouldn't mind adopting Mexico's immigration laws though, even though they seem a little extreme even by my standards.

I would rather be the "bad guy" in the world and do the right thing for our country (as far as immigration goes) than do the wrong thing and still not be seen as the good guy.

Oh, the Japanese are smart and resourceful people. Why haven't they started taking in tons of immigrants yet?

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Fri May 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Who cares about japenese immigration policy?

Even by the way you answered that question shows which way you're thinking. It doesn't really matter what other country's are doing. I'm simply asking what if we thought further than the nationalist mindset and expanded our concerns and compassions to humanity in general versus people born within the same political boundry as ours? Don't get me wrong, we need to look after our fellow countrymen, but can't we expand those borders out further? Perhaps to our neighbors to the south? Let's make it easier to become an official U.S citizen so these "illegals" don't have to force their way in. They can become upstanding, tax-paying full-fledged citizens working to earn the same jobs for the same pay as everyone else. With the only difference between us being the geographic location of our birthing place, this seems most sensible. More tax-paying citizens earning the same wages means more consumers, creating more business, revenue, and jobs.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri May 09, 2008 5:41 pm

andrewd wrote:Who cares about japenese immigration policy?

Even by the way you answered that question shows which way you're thinking.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me why if illegal immigration is such a good thing for us, why aren't the Japanese falling over themselves trying to enhance their economy and enrich their culture by luring some Mexicans into their country?

I don't get the comment about the way I answered that question.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind helping Mexico out here and there. I just don't want to do it at the expense of my culture and way of life. I prefer it over theirs.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Fri May 09, 2008 6:09 pm

andrewd wrote:Who cares about japenese immigration policy?

Even by the way you answered that question shows which way you're thinking. It doesn't really matter what other countries are doing. I'm simply asking what if we thought further than the nationalist mindset and expanded our concerns and compassions to humanity in general versus people born within the same political boundry as ours? Don't get me wrong, we need to look after our fellow countrymen, but can't we expand those borders out further? Perhaps to our neighbors to the south? Let's make it easier to become an official U.S citizen so these "illegals" don't have to force their way in. They can become upstanding, tax-paying full-fledged citizens working to earn the same jobs for the same pay as everyone else. With the only difference between us being the geographic location of our birthing place, this seems most sensible. More tax-paying citizens earning the same wages means more consumers, creating more business, revenue, and jobs.

first off, I'm not in favor of mass deportation and the ignorant hate some have of immigrants in general.

with that in mind, it's a bad move to talk of "compassion" when you're dealing with more than one single person at a time. A "compassionate" view towards any group of people will lead to a certain percentage of said people taking advantage of that "compassion". Humans aren't inherently good or bad, but cutting corners makes life a little easier. The easier it is to cut those corners and get away with it, the more that will partake in the cutting.

Two things I think should happen:

1. Make the process of becoming a legal citizen more efficient for those who want to stay here and make something of themselves.

2. If the first happens, then and only then, we should become much more strict on who is allowed to stay here without following the "rules".

what sucks is that the process will always be convoluted, people will take advantage of our hospitality and businesses will continue to take advantage of a (growing) percentage of the populace willing to work for bottom dollar.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 pm

my friend applied and is waiting to become a citizen. he filed his paperwork TEN YEARS AGO. that is how efficient the process currently is for becoming a citizen.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri May 09, 2008 10:35 pm

El Rhino wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:
El Rhino wrote:

The simple answer is that I'd rather be the "much better" country, if possible. I wouldn't mind adopting Mexico's immigration laws though, even though they seem a little extreme even by my standards.

I would rather be the "bad guy" in the world and do the right thing for our country (as far as immigration goes) than do the wrong thing and still not be seen as the good guy.

Oh, the Japanese are smart and resourceful people. Why haven't they started taking in tons of immigrants yet?
see, to be "better" than the standards other countries have set, we need to look past what is just good for our country. we can do good for our country AND other countries AND all other people. it is very much possible.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat May 10, 2008 7:53 am

You're right, sometimes to be better we need to sacrifice somewhere... but maybe we don't have to win 'em all, or even play in some cases.

I know I've posted this before, but I know a woman from Belgium who has visited here a couple of times and has tried to get citizenship for her and her family. Her husband is an accountant and they basically told them to get fucked because "we don't need any more accountants". Now these are people who would go through a very slight culture shock (she was overwhelmed by our supermarkets and restaurant prices/portions, that's about it) and then pretty much be a sure bet as far as being good, productive citizens.

I wonder who actually decides who comes here and who can't? Why is it that we'll take someone from clickety-clackety, Africa who needs to be taught basic English, needs to be taught how to do stuff like use a toilet, turn on lights, operate an automobile, not mutilate his daughter's genitals when she turns 11 to come here and be a janitor at Marsden or something and we have people with proven track records of success/responsibility who can't come here? It doesn't make sense, especially when they feed us lines like "we need these people to stimulate our economy". Huh?

One group I think we as Iowans need to court would be white South African/Rhodesian farmers. They're going through some tough times right now, lots of violence against them and they're being booted from their land by the government and gangs. Most Western countries are not allowing many of them to immigrate into their countries. These guys have proven to be resourceful and productive. Getting some of these guys to pack up and set up shop in rural Iowa would really help the local economies and help our dwindling family farm scene....plus many of them speak English, have a similar culture and probably even some of the same names as the people who already live in rural Iowa.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat May 10, 2008 9:55 am

El Rhino wrote:You're right, sometimes to be better we need to sacrifice somewhere... but maybe we don't have to win 'em all, or even play in some cases.

I know I've posted this before, but I know a woman from Belgium who has visited here a couple of times and has tried to get citizenship for her and her family. Her husband is an accountant and they basically told them to get fucked because "we don't need any more accountants". Now these are people who would go through a very slight culture shock (she was overwhelmed by our supermarkets and restaurant prices/portions, that's about it) and then pretty much be a sure bet as far as being good, productive citizens.

I wonder who actually decides who comes here and who can't? Why is it that we'll take someone from clickety-clackety, Africa who needs to be taught basic English, needs to be taught how to do stuff like use a toilet, turn on lights, operate an automobile, not mutilate his daughter's genitals when she turns 11 to come here and be a janitor at Marsden or something and we have people with proven track records of success/responsibility who can't come here? It doesn't make sense, especially when they feed us lines like "we need these people to stimulate our economy". Huh?

One group I think we as Iowans need to court would be white South African/Rhodesian farmers. They're going through some tough times right now, lots of violence against them and they're being booted from their land by the government and gangs. Most Western countries are not allowing many of them to immigrate into their countries. These guys have proven to be resourceful and productive. Getting some of these guys to pack up and set up shop in rural Iowa would really help the local economies and help our dwindling family farm scene....plus many of them speak English, have a similar culture and probably even some of the same names as the people who already live in rural Iowa.
most of the africans here are here as refugees or students. some are citizens, though. the US has a lottery for citizenship. they give out a certain number every year for individuals who apply.. african and central/south americans rarely get it. (this was a subject from my old Discrimination and Diversity class; i don't have the handouts right here with me, so i can't site my sources, unfortunately) their reasoning for not allowing africans or central/south americans is that we have "enough of them."

UGH I SUCK

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Sat May 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Joey Chaos, Bullet Tooth, El Rhino hate me because Im half mexican. But secretly I rule them and I know they can get hard off the sexy mommies. Eh?