More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

DaVo

Riot Fest

Post by DaVo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:22 pm

I think I just might make it this year. Oct 10 through the 12th in Chicago

Mighty Mighty Bosstones, ALL, The Lawrence Arms, Bouncing Souls, Horrorpops, Jay Reatard, Leftover Crack, The Casualties, TSOL, Teenage Bottlerocket, Big Drill Car, Mustard Plug, Anti-Nowhere League, DOA, Municipal Waste, Valient Thorr, Paint It Black, The Pavers, Beer Nuts, Reagan Youth, The Bomb, The Methadones, The Ergs!, Shot Baker, Das Kapital, Scouts Honor, Prizzy Prizzy Please, The Frankl Project, Magnafux, Dummy, Muchacha and many, many more
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Mala

Re: Riot Fest

Post by Mala » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Mateo & I are going to this, along with Doug & Michelle Spank. Therefore, it will rule. Hopefully almost as much as the Touch & Go birthday bash. That I missed.

Back to lurking.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 pm

davo wrote:Mighty Mighty Bosstones, ALL, The Lawrence Arms, Bouncing Souls, Horrorpops, Jay Reatard, Leftover Crack, The Casualties, TSOL, Teenage Bottlerocket, Big Drill Car, Mustard Plug, Anti-Nowhere League, DOA, Municipal Waste, Valient Thorr, Paint It Black, The Pavers, Beer Nuts, Reagan Youth, The Bomb, The Methadones, The Ergs!, Shot Baker, Das Kapital, Scouts Honor, Prizzy Prizzy Please, The Frankl Project, Magnafux, Dummy, Muchacha and many, many more
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Valient Thorr alone would be worth the drive.
I poop on Petland!

Clint

Post by Clint » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm

I am surprised they didn't put Naked Raygun on the bill. There is a surprise lineup at the Cobra Lounge on that Friday. Maybe they'll be on that one... They've been on it almost every year.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

i might have to go to this to see anti nowhere league and reagan youth. i got an email from a ticket place saying buy two tickets to this event and get one free. sounds ok to me. never did get my wasted usa refund...that is $90 i could really use right now.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Clint wrote:I am surprised they didn't put Naked Raygun on the bill. There is a surprise lineup at the Cobra Lounge on that Friday. Maybe they'll be on that one... They've been on it almost every year.
Yeah but I don't think they are playing out right now. I really would like to see them. It seems like every chance I've had over the years, something has always came up at the last minute.

I know that a couple of years ago the big surprise was the Germs playing. So who knows.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 pm

jjjsXe wrote:i might have to go to this to see anti nowhere league and reagan youth. i got an email from a ticket place saying buy two tickets to this event and get one free. sounds ok to me. never did get my wasted usa refund...that is $90 i could really use right now.
I had completely forgotten that Reagan Youth had gotten back together. I think I've seen Anti Nowhere League in the past. They were so boring I completely have no memory other then seeing their name on the flyer or they didn't end up playing. But it's pig fucking second coming of christ True Sounds of Liberty that sold me. Everything else is a bonus.

jesse p

Post by jesse p » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Not to mention The Ergs & The Methadones. You are a fool if you miss them

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 am

DaVo wrote:
jjjsXe wrote:i might have to go to this to see anti nowhere league and reagan youth. i got an email from a ticket place saying buy two tickets to this event and get one free. sounds ok to me. never did get my wasted usa refund...that is $90 i could really use right now.
I had completely forgotten that Reagan Youth had gotten back together. I think I've seen Anti Nowhere League in the past. They were so boring I completely have no memory other then seeing their name on the flyer or they didn't end up playing. But it's pig fucking second coming of christ True Sounds of Liberty that sold me. Everything else is a bonus.
i've seen tsol a couple times, they were always good, but i am still way interested in seeing anti nowhere league. either way, as long as the bad brains aren't playing this again, it should be a fun and worth while show.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

siouxsie

Post by siouxsie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:57 pm

as long as the bad brains aren't playing this again, it should be a fun and worth while show.
bad brains made me lose some faith in hardcore that day.
this year looks like a pretty good lineup-hopefully no reggae shit is pulled this year.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:01 pm

P. M. A.

siouxsie

Post by siouxsie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:13 pm

try as I might, I can't be positive on bad brains performance on riot fest last year. fuck that shit!

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 pm

P. M. A.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, what do you expect out of a band like Bad Brains, really? They've been off the deep end for at least the past ten years.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 pm

P. M. A.

siouxsie

Post by siouxsie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 pm

I went in with low expectations so it wasnt too big of a surprise. I was just hoping for a miracle comeback that most definetly didnt happen.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm

siouxsie wrote: I was just hoping .
P. M. A.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:27 pm

siouxsie wrote:I went in with low expectations so it wasnt too big of a surprise. I was just hoping for a miracle comeback that most definetly didnt happen.
They were sliding before HR left and then really took a nose dive after that. I think it is safe to say that they are too old for back fllips and all that. You would have thought they would have at least been really tight. They were kinda known more for that.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Bolded Band Names.

-Joe.

Mala

Post by Mala » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm

So what did you all think?

Friday night at the House of Blues was awesome. I thought there was no way the Lawrence Arms could follow that Bouncing Souls set but the Lawrence Arms were glorious. (It helped that the former printer of a former DSM zine set us up in the VIP room.)

Sunday was fun, but there were some last minute cancellations that sucked-- no Municipal Waste or TSOL.

Valient Thorr, DOA, Teenage Bottlerocket, Static Radio, Jay Reatard were worth the trip. The Three Floyds beer was a nice alternative to Miller Lite. Loved the political talk-- Mighty Mighty Bosstones raised a huge, like, 50' x 50' Obama banner.

Sorry I missed the Vandon Arms. Day 3 of Riot Fest we were not moving very quickly.

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 pm

This shit was fun...

cam

Post by cam » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:12 pm

the sound production for the 2nd stage was UNLISTENABLE.
FUCKING HORRIBLE SOUND in this place!

and it was pretty fucking terrible in the main room too.

sound production ruined both Jay Reatard and Paint it Blacks Sets for me.

But. The ERGS! and ALL were both FUCKING AWESOME! I ended up being won over by Teenage Bottlerocket too.

the mighty mighty bosstones were so fucking boring,bland, not giving a fuck whether they were there or not. WOW! no wonder they stopped playing and putting out records.

mustard plug covered Fugazi's waiting room and had 100's of kids skanking around to them. i would never believe it if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm

what wave is ska on now, anyway, 5?

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:21 am

sounds like it stopped with 3, and boring fuckers are trying to finally kill it off for good.