More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

dewwwwd, I saw this last night:

Post by Varg » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/04/15/midw ... cnn_latest

Follow the link- it has video of it. Shit was crazy. I was on my way to the gym when I saw it. I can't believe people in that many states saw it... I didn't think it was THAT big and far away.

"Authorities in several Midwestern states were flooded Wednesday night with reports of a gigantic fireball lighting up the sky, the National Weather Service said.

The fireball was visible for about 15 minutes beginning about 10 p.m., said the National Weather Service in Sullivan, Wisconsin, just west of Milwaukee.

"The fireball was seen over the northern sky, moving from west to east," said the NWS in the Quad Cities area, which includes parts of Iowa and Illinois.

"Well before it reached the horizon, it broke up into smaller pieces and was lost from sight," the service said. "Several reports of a prolonged sonic boom were received from areas north of Highway 20, along with shaking of homes, trees and various other objects including wind chimes," it said."
etc. etc.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Nam

Re: dewwwwd, I saw this last night:

Post by Nam » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 pm

thats pretty rad
blah

Andy State

Post by Andy State » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 pm

i saw this as well looking out my window, i saw if for a couple seconds before it exploded or whatever.
I've got that PMA

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Varg wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/04/15/midw ... cnn_latest

I was on my way to the gym when I saw it.
You work out? Let's talk about that! Got any pics?
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm

lets see dat cock.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:54 pm

varg didnt see it.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:37 pm

jjjsXe wrote:

Now, now. Not everyone can be into mopeds and RC Cola.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Walking Thunder wrote: Now, now. Not everyone can be into mopeds and RC Cola.

O dang!

...and if Varg did talk about lifting weights, it probably wouldn't hurt you to listen, Jordan. Just sayin'....

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 am

Walking Thunder wrote:
jjjsXe wrote:

Now, now. Not everyone can be into mopeds and RC Cola.
Mopeds are cool, but I am into scooters, significant difference.
Also, I used to lift, back in 8th and 9th grade when I actively played sports. I feel that playing drums ,skateboarding, and riding my bike is enough free exercise for me. Not everyone wants to be muscly, I get by.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:varg didnt see it.

Yeah, I thought if I lied about seeing it you guys would think I was cool and want to hang out.
jjjsXe wrote:
Mopeds are cool, but I am into scooters, significant difference.
Also, I used to lift, back in 8th and 9th grade when I actively played sports. I feel that playing drums ,skateboarding, and riding my bike is enough free exercise for me. Not everyone wants to be muscly, I get by.
And nobody wants to be scrawny.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 am

jjjsXe wrote:Mopeds are cool, but I am into scooters, significant difference.
Well I apologize about the lack of discernment between mopeds and scooters. Google Images has shown me the light.

And I'm certainly not saying that you don't get enough exercise or you need to go to the gym--far from it. I'm poking fun because you're knocking on gym culture. Not everyone that goes to the gym gains a body like Varg because not everybody feels the need to dead-lift a Lotus Elise or VW Bug. It's certainly possibly to work out at a gym to become more toned without gaining a tremdeous amount of muscle. If the gym isn't you're thing that's fine. I just hope you don't hold this mentality to all gym goers.

I was going to say that, for me, Varg doesn't really shove his "swelling" mentality at others, (But I do remember that thread from awhile back about weight lifting) but his most recent post in this thread changes things a bit.
-John

Dr. Rude

Post by Dr. Rude » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:00 pm

jjjsXe wrote:

Varg wont give any so Here's a 315 lb Deadlift...next lift is 365lb Deadlift for 5 reps.
Attachments
deadlift 315.jpg
deadlift 315.jpg (17.01 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The life we lead, so pure to me
The strength we built, true honesty
Our loyalty we won't betray
Our roots so strong, they'll never fade

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Varg wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote:varg didnt see it.

Yeah, I thought if I lied about seeing it you guys would think I was cool and want to hang out.
+1 for Varg. :lol:
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:28 am

Walking Thunder wrote: And I'm certainly not saying that you don't get enough exercise or you need to go to the gym--far from it. I'm poking fun because you're knocking on gym culture. Not everyone that goes to the gym gains a body like Varg because not everybody feels the need to dead-lift a Lotus Elise or VW Bug. It's certainly possibly to work out at a gym to become more toned without gaining a tremdeous amount of muscle. If the gym isn't you're thing that's fine. I just hope you don't hold this mentality to all gym goers.
Ohhh, it's only a matter of WANT? Fuck, I've been doing it the hard way for the last couple of years. What a waste of time... :lol:

Let's face it, people that talk like that are clueless. Women say it all the time (coincidence?) "Ohhh I don't want to lift any heavy weights because I don't want to look like Chyna." The fact of the matter is that women, no matter how hard they train, how well they eat, and for how many years they lift, will never even come close to looking like a female bodybuilder...without the special sauce. That's true for most guys too. I've seen some fairly big natural bb'ers, but they're genetic freaks and they still take it 1000 times more seriously than any recreational lifter who's afraid of "getting too big". Everyone wants to be big and ripped- that's the truth. Whether or not you accept that truth is up to you. Don't bitch to me, I'm not influencing society. And don't even start in with some ridiculous bullshit about magazine articles where chicks are claiming they don't prefer 'muscle-y guys'. It's horseshit. Those types of articles are only written and perpetuated by two types of people: Scrawny little 140 lb fucks and bitches that got cheated on/humiliated by some jacked mofo.
Last edited by Varg on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:36 am

Dr. Rude wrote:

Varg wont give any so Here's a 315 lb Deadlift...next lift is 365lb Deadlift for 5 reps.
Uhh, I'm confused. If that's you in the picture, then it looks like you should be able to DL A LOT more than 365 x 5.

I uploaded a video just for you and the rest of the 515'ers. This is me deadlifting 425 x 3. (Stance was too far apart- made for a shitty lift) The date on it says 1/14/2010. Definitely can't do that much now due to getting sick twice since then and dropping about 15 lbs. So here's your pic/video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JVkrzY2U0

Dr. Rude

Post by Dr. Rude » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 am

Varg wrote:
Dr. Rude wrote:

Uhh, I'm confused. If that's you in the picture, then it looks like you should be able to DL A LOT more than 365 x 5.

I uploaded a video just for you and the rest of the 515'ers. This is me deadlifting 425 x 3. (Stance was too far apart- made for a shitty lift) The date on it says 1/14/2010. Definitely can't do that much now due to getting sick twice since then and dropping about 15 lbs. So here's your pic/video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JVkrzY2U0

That round I wasnt focusing on my deads...just overall size/eating. next 2 months are going to be maxing on Deads. I WILL hit that 400 mark. Eat, sleep, train, repeat.
Dont get streaming video at work....have to check the vid later.
The life we lead, so pure to me
The strength we built, true honesty
Our loyalty we won't betray
Our roots so strong, they'll never fade

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 am

Now I'm not accusing Walking Thunder of necessarily being of this mentality, but I always get a chuckle when I hear people say things like "I'm not trying to get all big or anything", "I don't want to look all gross and weird like a body builder" and "I'm just trying to get toned", either to justify not being able to lift much* or out of the belief that bench pressing 95lbs a bunch of times and doing some bullshit ab exercise on a balance ball will make you look like the fag from the cover of Men's Health. It's just funny to hear someone talk like they have to put on the breaks and be careful or else they'll look like a professional bodybuilder. I can assure you that 99.9% of lifters, even if they do everything right, will have physiques that more closely resemble Gary Coleman than Ronnie Coleman after a couple of years.

* I don't make fun of people simply because they can't lift much. I will ridicule other gym behavior though.
Varg wrote:
Let's face it, people that talk like that are clueless. Women say it all the time (coincidence?) "Ohhh I don't want to lift any heavy weights because I don't want to look like Chyna." The fact of the matter is that women, no matter how hard they train, how well they eat, and for how many years they lift, will never even come close to looking like a female bodybuilder...without the special sauce. That's true for most guys too. .

Churro

Post by Churro » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Varg, post more videos of you weightlifting while 8 finger tapping.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Varg wrote:And don't even start in with some ridiculous bullshit about magazine articles where chicks are claiming they don't prefer 'muscle-y guys'. It's horseshit. Those types of articles are only written and perpetuated by two types of people: Scrawny little 140 lb fucks and bitches that got cheated on/humiliated by some jacked mofo.
Hahah, one of of the few times I've actually loved something Varg said.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm

El Rhino wrote:Now I'm not accusing Walking Thunder of necessarily being of this mentality, but I always get a chuckle when I hear people say things like "I'm not trying to get all big or anything", "I don't want to look all gross and weird like a body builder" and "I'm just trying to get toned", either to justify not being able to lift much* or out of the belief that bench pressing 95lbs a bunch of times and doing some bullshit ab exercise on a balance ball will make you look like the fag from the cover of Men's Health. It's just funny to hear someone talk like they have to put on the breaks and be careful or else they'll look like a professional bodybuilder. I can assure you that 99.9% of lifters, even if they do everything right, will have physiques that more closely resemble Gary Coleman than Ronnie Coleman after a couple of years.

* I don't make fun of people simply because they can't lift much. I will ridicule other gym behavior though.
Varg wrote:
Let's face it, people that talk like that are clueless. Women say it all the time (coincidence?) "Ohhh I don't want to lift any heavy weights because I don't want to look like Chyna." The fact of the matter is that women, no matter how hard they train, how well they eat, and for how many years they lift, will never even come close to looking like a female bodybuilder...without the special sauce. That's true for most guys too. .
I'm not afraid of getting too big. I'm a vegan, and I lift weights--this makes gaining mass challenging. I want to gain muscle, but I understand that my diet is somewhat counter-intuitive. I accept this and carry on regardless.

More or less I was positing that Jordan suspects that guys that workout are destined to get huge. Obviously this isn't the case. Using my self as an example now--not in the previous post--it's absurd to assume that I could ever reach a body-builder physique. What I did not explicate was the idea that an individual can lift weights that he or she considers heavy and maintain a physique that is nowhere close to the physique of a body builder. Your "put the breaks on weight-lifting" expresses the mentality of some gym-goers. What you and Varg have said I agree with: it's absurd to think this way.

I, on the other hand, don't put the breaks on my weight-lifting (Unless you count my diet as some sort of "break".); I push myself to lift heavier weights. (Although I doubt I am as into weight lifting as you, certainly not as into it as Varg. This may yet again be another "break".) But my push, in the end, produces slower rates of heavier lifting and weight gain than a non-vegan. I'm not getting big anytime soon, but it doesn't mean that I can't push myself to lift heavier weights.
-John

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Y'all need to quit being fags, shut the fuck up, hit the bong, and get yourself some Popeye's.
I poop on Petland!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:24 pm