More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Watch as this gets downplayed

Post by Varg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

"Jared Loughner, Alleged Shooter in Gabrielle Giffords Attack, Described by Classmate as "Left-Wing Pothead""

Too bad he couldn't have been a Constitutionalist, flag-waving, firearms advocating nut-job.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valley ... hooter.php
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

inx515xhell

Re: Watch as this gets downplayed

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 pm

fuck this story. lets talk about dude from leviathan knockin his girl out then sodomizing her with a tattoo gun.
HOWL MOCKERY AT THE CROSS

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm

i dont see how his politics matter.

i read about that guy from leviathan. crazy shit.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:i dont see how his politics matter.

It only matters because they decided it was a right-wing nutjob, tea partier or whatever and placed the blame for the act on the right.

Another thing I thought was funny was that the DHS tried to point the finger at American Renaissance, a webpage/e-magazine that I read which is largely academic, not "neo-nazi" and never inflammatory because Gifford was Jewish so naturally it must've been a hate crime orchestrated by neo-nazis. Gifford was only mentioned in passing and the website has a policy against discussing the "Jewish question". Interesting twist, it is now being said that the shooter's mother is Jewish (thus making him part of that tribe) so it gets a little difficult to pin him down to one of those kinds of groups.

In the spirit of fairness, I have trouble REALLY pinning him down as acting on behalf of the left-wing. I just think he was a fucked up young man with some bad ideas.

Also, Gifford seemed pretty decent for a democrat. RIP.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote:i dont see how his politics matter.

It only matters because they decided it was a right-wing nutjob, tea partier or whatever and placed the blame for the act on the right.

Another thing I thought was funny was that the DHS tried to point the finger at American Renaissance, a webpage/e-magazine that I read which is largely academic, not "neo-nazi" and never inflammatory because Gifford was Jewish so naturally it must've been a hate crime orchestrated by neo-nazis. Gifford was only mentioned in passing and the website has a policy against discussing the "Jewish question". Interesting twist, it is now being said that the shooter's mother is Jewish (thus making him part of that tribe) so it gets a little difficult to pin him down to one of those kinds of groups.

In the spirit of fairness, I have trouble REALLY pinning him down as acting on behalf of the left-wing. I just think he was a fucked up young man with some bad ideas.

Also, Gifford seemed pretty decent for a democrat. RIP.
since this happened, ive read both that he was left wing and right wing. both parties are trying to pin the act on the other. thats why it doesnt matter since both parties will use this to conduct business as usual. the bolded part is the only part that matters.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:35 pm

ps. there should be some blame laid on whoever the person was that mentioned "2nd amendment remedies". thats just irresponsible and retarded, no matter what the politics of the shooter end up being.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Varg wrote:"Jared Loughner, Alleged Shooter in Gabrielle Giffords Attack, Described by Classmate as "Left-Wing Pothead""

Too bad he couldn't have been a Constitutionalist, flag-waving, firearms advocating nut-job.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valley ... hooter.php
Yeah man, that's fucked up that the media isn't going to give a ton of attention to a person who posted some shit on Twitter and won't respond to requests for an interview, also considering that all other accounts contradict what they're saying. You're right, they are all liberals!

Like Ryan said, the blame for this incident shouldn't be pinned on either party, because this guy was flat out nuts and had his own unique set of ideas. He actually asked Rep. Giffords a question at some speaking engagement she did three years ago, and he asked, "What is government if words have no meaning?" So he was one of those guys.

But there is definitely a lot to discuss here, especially Sarah Palin's map of politicians that needed to be taken out in last year's elections, with crosshairs placed over those people's districts, Rep. Giffords included. There is a toxic political climate that may not have been the reason this guy committed such a horrible act, but certainly could have been an influence.

Jivi

Post by Jivi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm

He went to set his bail today. Am I alone in thinking cases like this shouldn't waste time and money on a trial? He's guilty, regardless why he did it. There is zero chance it was not him. Put him down and move on.
i'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 am

"Jared Lee Loughner, the 22-year-old suspect charged with the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in a rampage that killed six people and wounded 13 others, might never see the inside of a prison cell, according to experts.

"A defense lawyer is going to point to his history," Steve Cron, a veteran criminal defense attorney from Santa Monica, Calif., told AOL News. "They'll say the acts he is accused of committing would have obviously been done by someone who is insane."
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 am

Bullet Tooth wrote:ps. there should be some blame laid on whoever the person was that mentioned "2nd amendment remedies". thats just irresponsible and retarded, no matter what the politics of the shooter end up being.
I don't know, I don't think it was irresponsible and retarded when Americans utilized their proto-second amendment remedy at Concord and Lexington. I can't defend the guy's actions, but I think it's kind of cool that we in the United States have the option of taking up arms against the government should we feel they stop representing us. I'd say that talk like that shouldn't be taken lightly though.
elliot wrote: But there is definitely a lot to discuss here, especially Sarah Palin's map of politicians that needed to be taken out in last year's elections, with crosshairs placed over those people's districts, Rep. Giffords included. There is a toxic political climate that may not have been the reason this guy committed such a horrible act, but certainly could have been an influence.
I have a facebook friend that is convinced that Sarah Palin should be tried for being an accessory to murder. He also said the same thing about Glenn Beck when some guy killed some politician that Beck didn't like. The guy is dead serious and it's painful and hilarious at the same time to read.
Jivi wrote:He went to set his bail today. Am I alone in thinking cases like this shouldn't waste time and money on a trial? .
Yes. Even if it seems obvious, the guy is entitled to a trial as an American citizen. I'd rather have that than the powers that be deciding who doesn't get a trial.

tylerjames515 wrote:"Jared Lee Loughner, the 22-year-old suspect charged with the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in a rampage that killed six people and wounded 13 others, might never see the inside of a prison cell, according to experts."
No fucking way. I'd be curious to see who these "experts" were that would say something like that. The insanity plea doesn't work like a get out of jail free card, they're just probably going to send him to a place for insane criminals.

Another couple of thoughts: The is-he-conservative-or-is-he-liberal thing seems to be getting some fuel from what he claims are two of his favorite books: Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto. I'm going to call bullshit on whether or not he's actually read either one. I know, there's no way to prove that he did or didn't, but this is just my speculation.

For one, both books are dry and don't lend themselves well to the contemporary reader. I've read Mein Kampf and flipped through the Communist Manifesto intending on reading it but it's so. fucking. dry. To be fair to the pinkos amongst us, Wealth of Nations is about equally as dry. When I hear a layperson say that they've read and understand Marx, I treat that about the same as if I hear some 20-year old Marilyn Manson fan claiming he's read the entire Bible "just because I wanted to make an informed decision on being an atheist" or some shit like that. I don't buy it, people just say that shit to look smart.

Mein Kampf has SOME exciting parts though. Some of his personal stories about being down and out in Vienna are ok and the stories of fighting in the streets are very good, as well as a couple pages of racial philosophy but most of it is dull ramblings. I read it when I was 16 (on a plane sitting next to a black lady, ha ha) and I'd like to maybe give it another shot sometime now that I have a better understanding of Europe and Germany of that era.

Also, Mein Kampf isn't really reflective of American conservatism/Tea Party in any way, shape or form. It's not like it's a Shawn Hannity book or anything like that.

So yeah, I don't think either book being listed on his myspace profile really means much.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 am

inx515xhell wrote:fuck this story. lets talk about dude from leviathan knockin his girl out then sodomizing her with a tattoo gun.
HOWL MOCKERY AT THE CROSS
motherfuckin' goth kids

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 pm

dudes fuckin 42. old balls.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Did he tattoo her puss, or better yet... butthole?

Darrin

Post by Darrin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Leviathan - The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide is so good.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 pm

inx515xhell wrote:dudes fuckin 42. old balls.
NEVER TOO OLD TO BE A PUSSY LIL GOTH KID.
tylerjames515 wrote:Did he tattoo her puss, or better yet... butthole?
CUZ SEXUAL ASSAULT IS FUNNY

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:44 pm

YAH HA HA LOL!

But really there is only so much you can take away from 'sodomized with his tattoo equipment.'

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 am

tylerjames515 wrote: But really there is only so much you can take away from 'sodomized with his tattoo equipment.'
um really? what part of sodomy are you confused about?

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm

elliot wrote: But there is definitely a lot to discuss here, especially Sarah Palin's map of politicians that needed to be taken out in last year's elections, with crosshairs placed over those people's districts, Rep. Giffords included. There is a toxic political climate that may not have been the reason this guy committed such a horrible act, but certainly could have been an influence.

Certainly could have been an influence? You fucking piece of shit- here's your answer to that (though you should've already known what you said was fucking retarded):

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/jar ... ews_b48040

"He did not watch TV. He disliked the news. He didn’t listen to political radio. He didn’t take sides. He wasn’t on the left. He wasn’t on the right."

The only commentary I provided was that the above would be downplayed- where as if he had ever spouted any conservative rhetoric it's ALL we would've heard about. You're fucking pathetic trying to take jabs at Sarah Palin over some fucking nutjob pothead that murdered a bunch of people. Grow a dick.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that everyone suddenly pounced on the assumption that the shooter had any specific political affiliation when it was clear within hours of the shooting that he was a fringe nutjob, but the discussion happening about political vitriol in relation to the event makes sense... if you take the threats (and actions, re: office vandalism, firearms found at previous rallies) that -were- made by tea partiers and health care opponents to their logical conclusion this is the horror you end up with.

It takes a huge leap in logic to associate the shooter with previous events or actions by politicians, but it doesn't take that leap to see how a map using gun sights and the phrase "take a stand" still has a negative effect on our political culture and doesn't help prevent something like this from happening again. For all the false umbrage that the right wing is taking over dem politicians making political points around this event, they know just as well that in politics you can't let a crisis go to waste and would do the same if they could.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 pm

do you appreciate how many rappers wearing hats have been shot since that logo was designed? not helping.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm

robdigi wrote:do you appreciate how many rappers wearing hats have been shot since that logo was designed? not helping.
appreciate? hahaha yes. i was making a joke.

the dude is a nut. i dont care if hes left wing right wing american or from mars. hes a nut. none of any of it has to do with it. hes a nut. he shot/killed people. i dont approve and i dont care what his politics are or were.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Apparently Anti-Flag is getting accused of motivation for these killings now too. What a shitty band, they should take the blame.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
11 January 2011

media@timbueler.com
(530) 401-3285

RADICAL LEFTIST PUNK BAND INSPIRED ACCUSED GUNMAN

Conducting interviews on this topic is the #1 New York Times bestselling
author and the Senior Managing Director in the Financial Services Group
at Gilford Securities as well as a senior staff writer for WND.com, Dr.
Jerome Corsi.

Author Profile and Information, Click Here: http://www.redalert.wnd.com

Lyrics: 'Difference from Nazis is someone tried to stop them'

By Jerome R. Corsi
(c) 2011 WorldNetDaily

Loughner, 22, is in custody accused of opening fire into a crowd in
Tucson, Ariz., killing six and critically wounding Democratic U.S. Rep.
Gabrielle Giffords.

Understand what's happening to America's culture and what you can do to
fight it with "How Evil Works," autographed, from the WND Superstore.

Almost immediately after the news of the shooting broke, Caitie Parker
self identified on Twitter that she had gone to school and been in a
band with Loughner:

Link: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=249741

Then, in responding to "anderosa," Parker made clear that Loughner "was
a pot head & into rock like Hendrix, The Doors, Anti-Flag:"

"Anderosa" is the Twitter username for Anthony DeRosa, an employee of
Reuters Media, who has had a history of tweeting continuing attacks on
Fox News and Fox News talk show hosts Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly, as
well as a wide range of conservative media and political figures.

In responding to a variety of twitter posters, Parker identified being a
band member with Loughner in "an alternative band":

Here is the old photograph of Loughner that Parker found from her high
school yearbook:

Publishing Parker's tweets, James King of the Phoenix New Times
confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain
View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community
College.

Anti-Flag echoed Loughner's themes, posted in his YouTube channel, of
mind control and antipathy to the U.S. flag in "Red, White and
Brainwashed," a theme to the group's 1996 album entitled "Die for the
Government."

The lyrics:

They use the flag to control us
Brainwash us to be their patrotic slaves
Programs our minds by controlling what we learn
The only difference from the nazis is that
Someone tried to stop them
RED WHITE AND BRAINWASHED
The government says they're working for us
Just as long as we increase their pay
But the minute they get into office we're a has-been
A yesterday
The red stands for the blood of all the people
We've slain
The white for this racist, bigoted foundation
The blue for your aryan eyes - all empty
Empty because you're taught to bow down to the man
Fly that flag, that flag of freedom
Do what you can for your country
Go and fight their wars for them
They're not following in our footsteps,
KILL THEM!
They call that being a patriot
I just call it ignorant
If you don't fight to make things better
Then you're the one betraying the country

Anti-Flag's song "Free Nation?" from their 1999 album entitled "A New
Kind of Army," echoed themes that should be familiar to anti-war
protesters with a radical political consciousness that traces back to
the 1960s.

Here are the lyrics to "Free Nation?"

State official talks of freedom
THEY-TALK!
In this country that we live in
THEY-TALK!
Free to be harassed and be beaten by the pigs
YOUR RIGHTS? NO RIGHTS!
Till you're f------ broken, crippled, or until you're f------ DEAD!

YEAH!

They pass laws unfair to gays
THEIR-WORK
And separatist laws to keep the non-whites in their place
THEIR-WORK
Family values as a smoke screen blowing in your face
THEIR TRUTH? NO TRUTH!
Family values isn't something that shouldn't be based on hate

Based on hate...

Justice presides over them, late into the night,
A blind fold covering their eyes, but something isn't right...
Under their arms, there are shackles on her legs
And the hands that once held up her scales are bound,
Are bound in chains!
Bound in chains...

And behind their closed door, they conspire through the night
MORE WORK? SICK WORK!
And they won't stop until this nation is all straight and all white!

NO!!

They call it a free nation... but all it is, is A NAZI NATION!!!

The song "Free Nation?" was evidently so popular that Anti-Flag included
it again, in their 2002 album entitled "Mobilize."

Or, perhaps Loughner drew inspiration from a song entitled "We Are the
One" on their 2009 album "The People or the Gun," a song that appears to
have borrowed from a theme developed in the "Matrix" movie trilogy, a
theme Barack Obama wove into his 2008 presidential campaign.

Here are the lyrics from "We Are the One":

It's time to make a move,
Change the times or they'll change you.
False promises of more.
Check that s--- at the door.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.
We are the one...Unified under none.
We are the one...The one to carry on.
Warfare is everywhere.
Poisoned land, water, air.
This routine is long old.
It's time to break that mold.
We'll break it up, then we'll break out.
Withstand the change.
Tear it down rebuild again.
Evolve with vision.
This year's eve, we will breathe fury.
I will scale the city walls.

Reviewers typically describe Anti-Flag as violent punk rock
anti-government political music that derives its rhetoric from the
radical left.

In an interview with Punxrukus.blogspot.com, Justin Cathal Geever, who
goes by the stage name Justin Sane, Anti-Flag's guitarist and lead
singer/songwriter, summed up the theme behind Anti-Flag as follows: "The
idea behind Anti-Flag is to bring down the false barriers that are put
in place by people in power around the world. We think that Patriotism
and Nationalism - they're imaginary boundaries that are being set up by
the people in power that divide the masses. We want to break down those
barriers and bring people together. Instead of having different flags
around the world, to have people united under one flag."

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Jerome R. Corsi received a Ph.D. from Harvard
University in political science in 1972. He is the author of the #1 New
York Times bestselling books THE OBAMA NATION: LEFTIST POLITICS AND THE
CULT OF PERSONALITY and the co-author of UNFIT FOR COMMAND: SWIFT BOAT
VETERANS SPEAK OUT AGAINST JOHN KERRY. He is also the author of AMERICA
FOR SALE, THE LATE GREAT U.S.A., and WHY ISRAEL CAN'T WAIT. Currently,
Dr. Corsi is a Senior Managing Director in the Financial Services Group
at Gilford Securities as well as a senior staff writer for
WorldNetDaily.com.

Link to Article: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=249741

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Varg wrote:

Certainly could have been an influence? You fucking piece of shit- here's your answer to that (though you should've already known what you said was fucking retarded):

"He did not watch TV. He disliked the news. He didn’t listen to political radio. He didn’t take sides. He wasn’t on the left. He wasn’t on the right."

The only commentary I provided was that the above would be downplayed- where as if he had ever spouted any conservative rhetoric it's ALL we would've heard about. You're fucking pathetic trying to take jabs at Sarah Palin over some fucking nutjob pothead that murdered a bunch of people. Grow a dick.
so first you start a thread saying this guy is a leftist, now you're saying he's a-political? you're boring!
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Varg wrote:Certainly could have been an influence? You fucking piece of shit- here's your answer to that (though you should've already known what you said was fucking retarded):

That's one friend's opinion, and it doesn't nullify what I said. Crosshairs on a map are unhealthy for the political discourse, plain and simple. To argue otherwise, as you seem to be doing, is irresponsible and shows how big of a blindspot you have when it comes to this stuff.
Varg wrote:You're fucking pathetic trying to take jabs at Sarah Palin
It sounds like someone has a bit of a crush!
Varg wrote:Grow a dick.
*insert generic comeback joke about steroids that I'm too lazy to think of*

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 pm

i know i shouldnt be surprised but i guess i am that varg likes sarah palin.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 pm

He's insane. and looks like Syd Barrett.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Hank Fist wrote:He's insane. and looks like Syd Barrett.
buck