Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

@nonymous

Riot at Dead Prez concert. . .

Post by @nonymous » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:54 pm

"Welcome to Evergreen". . .

pictures here: http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.p ... 5112355585

story/video here:
http://www.katu.com/news/15665292.html
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Walking Thunder

Re: Riot at Dead Prez concert. . .

Post by Walking Thunder » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Tomorrow you're homeless, tonight it's a blast.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 pm

I must be the only person who is put off by Dead Prez's anti white retoric. Im not easily offended but theses niggaz rub me the wrong way. I am not surprised that @ loves 'em, cause he hates himself.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Beaver wrote:I must be the only person who is put off by Dead Prez's anti white retoric.
Nope.

-Joe.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Beaver wrote:I must be the only person who is put off by Dead Prez's anti white retoric. Im not easily offended but theses niggaz rub me the wrong way. I am not surprised that @ loves 'em, cause he hates himself.
don't you listen to immortal technique?

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Negative

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:05 pm

whoops, nm. thought you made a topic about him playing around dsm a while back.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:23 am

immortal technique is tight

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:41 am

I appreciate what they do as artists for the most part. The anti-white thing doesn't bother me anymore than all the anti-black crap people spew. It is hard to take something personal, I guess I don't see myself as the target of their anger. All racism is misguided and doesn't settle well in the belly.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:45 am

Beaver wrote: I am not surprised that @ loves 'em
where does it say that?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Beaver wrote:I must be the only person who is put off by Dead Prez's anti white retoric. .

I wouldn't support it or anything, but I guess they've got a right to say it just like I've got a right to listen to pro-white/anti-nonwhite music. C'est la vie.

I'm sure we've already been over this a few times, but the double standards are a little disturbing. It's ok and probably considered culturally enriching for a college campus to have black racists perform, but imagine the shit-storm if they had booked the Blue Eyed Devils or something to play. Most of the audience were probably self-loathing white liberals who think "these lyrics aren't about me, I'm one of the good ones!" I imagine that a significant portion of the audience would also be the same type of people who would protest a Death In June* show on the grounds that "they're racist".

I'm also going to guess that the majority of the rioters were just dumb white kids feeling a sense of euphroia from all the "street cred" they get from going to see an act like Dead Prez.

* While not a full-blown white power group, most people acknowledge that they've got those tendancies and are very pro-European. There was a thread on the old forum about a bunch of ARA/"left wings" protesting one of their shows in Chicago.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:43 pm

storkus wrote:I pretty much don't want to hear anyone rapping unless it's Too $hort.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:33 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Beaver wrote:I must be the only person who is put off by Dead Prez's anti white retoric. .

I wouldn't support it or anything, but I guess they've got a right to say it just like I've got a right to listen to pro-white/anti-nonwhite music. C'est la vie.

I'm sure we've already been over this a few times, but the double standards are a little disturbing. It's ok and probably considered culturally enriching for a college campus to have black racists perform, but imagine the shit-storm if they had booked the Blue Eyed Devils or something to play. Most of the audience were probably self-loathing white liberals who think "these lyrics aren't about me, I'm one of the good ones!" I imagine that a significant portion of the audience would also be the same type of people who would protest a Death In June* show on the grounds that "they're racist".

I'm also going to guess that the majority of the rioters were just dumb white kids feeling a sense of euphroia from all the "street cred" they get from going to see an act like Dead Prez.

* While not a full-blown white power group, most people acknowledge that they've got those tendancies and are very pro-European. There was a thread on the old forum about a bunch of ARA/"left wings" protesting one of their shows in Chicago.
it's not a double standard. those bands just aren't any good.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:05 pm

storkus wrote:I pretty much don't want to hear anyone rapping unless it's lil' wayne.
Clipse > Lil Wayne

"Don't make me turn Daddy's little girl to orphan/That would mean I'd have to kill Baby like abortion"

We Got it 4 Cheap Vol. 3
http://www.zshare.net/download/71725387a07db3/

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:25 pm

please don't step to my rapdom. dropping your name a hundred times and throwing it in the middle of every other mediocre southern rap song and calling it a remix is not my idea of top shelf rapping. sure he can flow his ass off but he's got the diarrhea flow...nothin but loosely associated lyrical turds. i will concede, however, that the beat to "go dj" is crazy and "stuntin like my daddy" grew on me after i learned to ignore baby.

maybe it's just the lack of dj red alert-style yelling, but i'm feeling the new re-up way more than the first 2. pusha t is ungodly right now, and that wayne diss was too perfect.

PS. wale is much better than weezy on that remix.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:05 pm

His Manjesty wrote:
"Don't make me turn Daddy's little girl to orphan/That would mean I'd have to kill Baby like abortion"
that doesn't make sense.

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

it's in reference to lil wayne's song "stuntin' like my daddy," in which the daddy he's referring to is ironically another rapper named baby.

in the right context, it makes sense.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:01 pm

His Manjesty wrote:it's in reference to lil wayne's song "stuntin' like my daddy," in which the daddy he's referring to is ironically another rapper named baby.
not bad!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 pm

so, i was passing by my father-in-laws work bench the other day, and there laying on it, next to some POD cd's, was "lil' wayne". the guy is way cooler than i can ever dream of being.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 am

my favorite Rapers in the world today:

Snizzle Dog
Penny Farmer
Li'l Jeff
Westdog 29

from a 515 area code:

Rap Man 2000
The Iowa Rap Team
Jon RappingStone

His Manjesty

Post by His Manjesty » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:13 pm

this is the second worst joke account i've ever seen on a message board.