More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nam

Re: Fat Mike's SXSW Cokie the Clown set

Post by Nam » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 am

Crumpty Williams wrote:
Thom wrote:Don't presume to know anything about me big man. A real man wouldn't just stand there.
No matter how tough and full of integrity you may think you are, there are circumstances under which you (and I, and all the rest of us) will crumble like a little girl and in fact fail to act in the noblest of ways.
wrong. people crumble only from the fear of getting hurt or whatever so its a rather selfish act to just watch something like that and not do something about it. fat mike sucks and always will suck but now sucks more for being a complete wuss and d bag

tom-good for you
blah

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am

wrong. people crumble only from the fear of getting hurt or whatever so its a rather selfish act to just watch something like that and not do something about it.
For the record and for the last time: I'm not saying it wasn't a selfish/stupid/retarded/shitty/wuss/d-bag thing to do. I'll give you all the points on this one and my full backing that it was in fact all of those things.

fat mike sucks and always will suck but now sucks more for being a complete wuss and d bag
If failing to take action in that situation makes him a wuss and a d-bag, then he has been a wuss and a d-bag for 20-some years or so. The question is whether him talking about it at this show makes him any more or less of a d-bag than what he already was. That's what we're really arguing about. I vote for maybe slightly less, since this involved him apparently coming to terms (in a very public way) with his own d-bagness. I'm not sure you guys will be able to comprehend this level of logic but I tried...

tom-good for you
Yeah! Props to "Tom" for explaining how a real man woulda dunnit. lol

If you know anything about social psychology (social psych 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozmWS6xYEw -- really basic shit...), this is one of those classic examples where EVERYONE will SAY they would have done something had they been in that situation, when in reality MOST of those very same people wouldn't have done a goddamn thing.

Of course, I can say with assurance that I myself would have done something as well... BUT ANYONE CAN SAY THAT. My point is that any piece of shit pussy can sit around after the fact talking about how they would have done something about it and point the finger at the pussy who didn't do anything about it, which is exactly what makes doing that COMPLETELY POINTLESS and WORTH NOTHING.

As retarded as you guys are, I still love you, though.
i fucking rule.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 am

Yeah, I would've gorilla pressed one of the rapists out the window and then ran my cock through the mouth of one rapist and then out the back of his skull while bonking the heads of the two other rapists together and knocking them out to the point where they see stars and lil' birdies and shit. Then the distressed damsel would be forever grateful for my heroic deeds and she'd have consensual sex with me.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 am

:lol:
i fucking rule.

Churro

Post by Churro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Shane wrote:I've tasted many different types of tequila.
Edge break

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

inx515xhell wrote:
Crumpty Williams wrote:integrity
BOOOOYAH ABOUT TO MAKE THIS THREAD COOL, BITCHES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQ54uUqi5Q

you're welcome, faggots. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95RukAwihM
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:
Crumpty Williams wrote:integrity
BOOOOYAH ABOUT TO MAKE THIS THREAD COOL, BITCHES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQ54uUqi5Q

you're welcome, faggots. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95RukAwihM
both are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMnhmu1GaQ
better.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:
both are great.

better.
i always envisioned the kd cover sounding like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLHE7Pe2Qc

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:06 pm

inx515xhell wrote:
Bullet Tooth wrote:
both are great.

better.
i always envisioned the kd cover sounding like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLHE7Pe2Qc
noooooo thanks.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:10 pm

there was a band out of washington state called Vocal Test that was supposed to be pretty good but i never heard any of their music.

also this:

Nam

Post by Nam » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Crumpty Williams wrote:
wrong. people crumble only from the fear of getting hurt or whatever so its a rather selfish act to just watch something like that and not do something about it.
For the record and for the last time: I'm not saying it wasn't a selfish/stupid/retarded/shitty/wuss/d-bag thing to do. I'll give you all the points on this one and my full backing that it was in fact all of those things.

fat mike sucks and always will suck but now sucks more for being a complete wuss and d bag
If failing to take action in that situation makes him a wuss and a d-bag, then he has been a wuss and a d-bag for 20-some years or so. The question is whether him talking about it at this show makes him any more or less of a d-bag than what he already was. That's what we're really arguing about. I vote for maybe slightly less, since this involved him apparently coming to terms (in a very public way) with his own d-bagness. I'm not sure you guys will be able to comprehend this level of logic but I tried...

tom-good for you
Yeah! Props to "Tom" for explaining how a real man woulda dunnit. lol

If you know anything about social psychology (social psych 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JozmWS6xYEw -- really basic shit...), this is one of those classic examples where EVERYONE will SAY they would have done something had they been in that situation, when in reality MOST of those very same people wouldn't have done a goddamn thing.

Of course, I can say with assurance that I myself would have done something as well... BUT ANYONE CAN SAY THAT. My point is that any piece of shit pussy can sit around after the fact talking about how they would have done something about it and point the finger at the pussy who didn't do anything about it, which is exactly what makes doing that COMPLETELY POINTLESS and WORTH NOTHING.

As retarded as you guys are, I still love you, though.
the big problem i have with this is every sociology text book ive seen seperates youth culture from normal society, therefore the majority of "us" are not included in your typical psycology texts. i also do belive the underlineing sence of hoplesness and lack of concern for the future would deem us more likly to interact, in some way with that type of situation. kinda like when you see a guy beating on a woman, without any knowlage of who they are or the cause youd grab the dude right? most people wouldnt. this same senario happend to myself in san fransisco. others walked by, a friend and i grabbed the guy and were about to pummle him untill the girl on the ground turned out to not really be one. we let them go at it again. awkward.

but yeah, just because you bust out some psycology schpeile, it does not necisarily mean anything to anyone that you'd normally accociate with... unless theyre pouser kids who are just "slumming it" for the time being like this generations yuppies.

and i didnt see the video. i just think fat mike sucks. i hate him, i hate his band, i hate his voice, i hate his rich person coke habit, and i dont think i can relate to his music (dont really care to listen to his irritating voice long enough to see). ive always thought this so the video has no real bearing on myself honestly other than to be able to say hes a wuss that doesnt care about the people paying for his addiction too.

i also hate darby crash. wanna defend the gay, junkie, nazi too?
blah

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

All I'm saying is if I knew a girl was getting raped, how hard is it to grab a phone, or get a group of dudes together at a show to stop some shit like that? Regardless if it was crew or not.

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 pm

If you see something like that happen, you are just as bad as the person doing it. Regardless of whether this actually happened or not, its even worse that he's cashing in on it.

Nam - I agree 100%. One time I was really drunk outside the mews and I told you you don't know shit about punk rock. I'm sorry about that. I still thought it was pretty funny though.

Now, I will not argue anything more about this, especially to someone who has no idea what they are talking about. If you want to come tell me I wouldn't do anything about a situation like this, come say it to my face.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

thom, come on now. to your face?

Nam

Post by Nam » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 pm

[quote="Thom"]One time I was really drunk outside the mews and I told you you don't know shit about punk rock. I'm sorry about that. I still thought it was pretty funny though.
[quote]
glad you thought it was funny but i can say i remember. when was this?
blah

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am

it's call "diffusion of responsibility."
in 1964, kitty genovese was raped and stabbed to death in front of 12 - 38 witnesses. few immediately made efforts to stop the assault or call the police, because they were all sure someone else had already done so or would do so. it's also why people are so hesitant to help someone who has fallen in public or why so many people don't get cpr when it's needed. most people feel like other people are just as responsible or are afraid of the opinions of others around them. it's a very common phenomenon.

that, of course, does not make it ok to stand by and allow others to do horrible things to others. but as much as we all talk big on the internet, i have seen many situations where fucked up stuff has happened and local people, people on this board even, have stood by and allowed it to happen. i am even guilty of this.

as for the Fat Mike situation, yeah, it's fucked up. if it's true, it's fucking horrible. yeah, he could (and should) have taken action. but he didn't. and i'm sure he feels (rightly so) fucking horrible. there's nothing he can do to fix what he did, and that is why he's telling this story. if anything, i hope those kids in the audience will learn from his mistake(s).
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 am

tylerjames515 wrote:All I'm saying is if I knew a girl was getting raped, how hard is it to grab a phone, or get a group of dudes together at a show to stop some shit like that? Regardless if it was crew or not.
it was the 80s man, them phone shits werent cellular. he woulda had to walk a block or so to a payphone and the vandals were good in the 80s soooo....

also theres some really good debunking of the whole kitty genovese thing in super freakenomics. some one did call the cops, no one actually watched it happen because the place she was killed in couldnt actually be seen out of anyones window... great book, pick it up
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 am

Servo posted before I could finish this post.

There are major historical inaccuracies with the Kitty Genovese story. What was reported by the New York Times was sensational and misleading. The 38 "bystanders" were people across the street awakened in the middle of the night by a scream, after which many yelled out the window, one even going so far as to call the police. Because it was described as a domestic disturbance, the police were slower to respond than if it were described as an attempted murder. Thus, the slow police response is what killed Kitty Genovese, not bystander apathy. The moral of this story is fuck the police.

Fat Mike fucked up, there's no other way to approach the situation.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 am

shane, that calculator band messaged me for a show. gave em thoms email. make it happen

but that kitty shits still gonna be in sociology textbooks for yeeeears to come
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:21 am

Oh yeah, and both the Freakonomics books are really fucking great.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 am

there are inaccuracies with the Kitty Genovese story, but the overall story has for so long been held as basically true. of course there are inaccuracies, it's a forty-year-old story.. i once read that witnesses moved chairs to the windows to get a better view of the attack. another reports witnesses merely yelling at the attacker. there are bits and pieces that show up in some reports and are absent in others. but the consensus is that the attack happened, witnesses saw it, and generally did nothing. the bystander effect / diffusion of responsibility has been tried and has held true. we've all seen it, whether or not we recognize it.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 am

servo wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:All I'm saying is if I knew a girl was getting raped, how hard is it to grab a phone, or get a group of dudes together at a show to stop some shit like that? Regardless if it was crew or not.
it was the 80s man, them phone shits werent cellular. he woulda had to walk a block or so to a payphone and the vandals were good in the 80s soooo....

also theres some really good debunking of the whole kitty genovese thing in super freakenomics. some one did call the cops, no one actually watched it happen because the place she was killed in couldnt actually be seen out of anyones window... great book, pick it up
The cell phone point is a given, but it's not like the club/venue/bar wherever he was at didn't have a phone or instead of going up the stairs he could have gone outside to the nearest store front / house to use one.

All in all though he has clearly payed for his mistakes.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:34 am

I hope that guy is killed.

And all the hopes and dreams of all the 317 people on the earth that like this are shattered. Some of your 17 year old lives may be bumped off course.....you may be lost , and confused, but i suggest you start worshiping more than some talentless hack.

Maybe you could all make an alter of some sort at VM and worship the nothingness ? Or hang out a "cool" underground house and talk and drink diet pepsi and stuff.

Shit , i dont know... Im hittin 101 and Liars all weekend to pimp some shit and dance.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

Thom wrote: Now, I will not argue anything more about this, especially to someone who has no idea what they are talking about. If you want to come tell me I wouldn't do anything about a situation like this and call into question my gallantry and heroism to my face, then I shall challenge you to duel!

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 am

servo wrote:....and the vandals were good in the 80s soooo....
Yes.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Thom wrote:I shall challenge you to duel!
I'll duel any motherfucker who crosses my path. That's always been a fact about me.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:43 am

El Rhino wrote:
Thom wrote: Now, I will not argue anything more about this, especially to someone who has no idea what they are talking about. If you want to come tell me I wouldn't do anything about a situation like this and call into question my gallantry and heroism to my face, then I shall challenge you to duel!
i fucking rule.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:46 pm