More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

xVSLx

STARBUCKS APPRECIATION THREAD

Post by xVSLx » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:44 am

Hey guys, what's your favorite starbucks beverage? Mine is the vanilla soy latte obviously. Peace!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Starbucks!!!

robdigi

Re: STARBUCKS APPRECIATION THREAD

Post by robdigi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:15 am

large iced dirty chai, four shots. call it the quad dirt.

I wish there was a better xcoffee shopx within walking distance of work. :arrow: :oops:
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:01 pm

I hope that is a fake account?

Anyway, Caribou >>>>> Starbucks if you are into chain coffee shops.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 pm

awbucks

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

there is no excuse for going to a chain coffee shop if you live in Des Moines. Walk a block.

OneCoolGuy

Post by OneCoolGuy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

I've actually been more partial to tea lately. Anyone else?

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

joseph wrote:awshucks

xVSLx

Post by xVSLx » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Drinking Starbucks fights capitalism.
Starbucks!!!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 pm

xVSLx wrote:Drinking Starbucks fights capitalism.

So this is why @nonymous was recently spotted going to Starbucks. Everything is making sense now.

Let's have a Starbucks potluck and really, really smash capitalism.

xVSLx

Post by xVSLx » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm

He is a fine man. How dare you be so rude!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Starbucks!!!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I'll take a cup of Folgers over that overpriced fancypants, tastelikeshit crap Starbucks serves.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm

i will drink coffee from about anywhere. i dont particularly care for starbucks but i usually drive thru if i forget to buy coffee and have none when i wake up since its the closest to me. i dont want to go into a coffee shop if i havent had any coffee yet. i dont function well without coffee.
i order a large coffee in the morning. i have ordered americanos as well but not in the morning.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:43 pm

QT and McDonalds regular coffee is better than Starbucks and cheaper too. And Starbucks ain't got frozen burritos so fuck them!
I poop on Petland!

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Hahahaha What the hell.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 pm

If we're going to rip into anarchists or anti-capitalists who drink starbucks, why not also rip into the ones who spend ridiculous amounts of money on alcohol and cigarettes. Which is far worse in my eyes, and I shouldn't have to explain why. Anyways I love starbucks the drinks are always free!
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Fuck starbucks. WOOO HOO another dumbass thread
As time moves
There's no sound

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

dont forget walmart

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Rooster wrote:Fuck starbucks. WOOO HOO another dumbass thread
hey new jack, shut up.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

OneCoolGuy wrote:I've actually been more partial to tea lately. Anyone else?
right here, man. i've drank less than 15 cups of coffee in my life. hate the shit. i drink tea at least once a day. i'm a big fan of b igelow jasmine green tea and most of the celestial seasonings teas cuz they're local and cheap.
what are you drinking?

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Earl Grey Green when i do.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:21 pm

joseph wrote:dont forget walmart

I once saw our friend and local anarchist/local show expert @nonymous at wal-mart buying things. fight the system!
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 pm

fact:the system almost always wins 'the fight'...

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
joseph wrote:dont forget walmart

I once saw our friend and local anarchist/local show expert @nonymous at wal-mart buying things. fight the system!

You could say this about any situation "Why, if that guy hates capitalism is he spending money at (fill in the blank)?" I'm not into capitalism much either, but we live in a capitalist system that is very hard to be outside of. Even if you never spend a dime and only eat out of dumpster you are still surviving because of capitalism, someone had to spend money for the food to end up there. I don't where I'm going with this so I'll stop here.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 pm

jjjsXe wrote:I once saw our friend and local anarchist/local show expert @nonymous at wal-mart buying things. fight the system!
right, because boycotting, not what you actually do with your time, is what makes changes in our world. killer minor threat back patch btw!

edit: there is no longer a need for xvslx's...head on over to cup o' kryptonite and pick up a Legends of the Dark Chai--iced with soy. you'll thank me later.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 pm

@nonymous wrote:right, because boycotting, not what you actually do with your time, is what makes changes in our world. killer minor threat back patch btw!
I strongly object to any unkind words concerning Minor Threat.

That's almost as objectionable as going to Starbucks when there are dozens of other coffee shops in town that actually charge less than them. I guess you're not denying that you did this on a regular basis, and possibly still do? Not that I care that much, but you gotta admit there's a bit of a conflict of interest there.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Even I'm progressive enough to boycott/avoid Starbucks.

I think I've been to a Starbucks twice in my life. Once at LAX with my cousin while waiting for a flight to DSM for a funeral and once when I was a peon in the Marine Corps I got sent on a Starbucks run and got a little something for myself. If I want coffee - which I do frequently - I'll brew it myself or get it from where ever... As long as it's not Java Joe's or Starbucks. I'd rather support the left wing fagz at Ritual Cafe than those who hate punk rock at Java Joe's.

right, because boycotting, not what you actually do with your time, is what makes changes in our world. killer minor threat back patch btw!
So tell us, what are you doing with your time to make changes in the world? I actually am kind of curious as what sort of things a Bolshevik agitator does in his day to day life to change the world. Jordan is the king of patches. That guy usually has layers of patched clothes on.
edit: there is no longer a need for xvslx's...head on over to cup o' kryptonite and pick up a Legends of the Dark Chai--iced with soy. you'll thank me later.
I prefer the mate latte. Drank too much chai in Iraq, can't do it anymore.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:27 pm

elliot wrote:I strongly object to any unkind words concerning Minor Threat.

That's almost as objectionable as going to Starbucks when there are dozens of other coffee shops in town that actually charge less than them. I guess you're not denying that you did this on a regular basis, and possibly still do? Not that I care that much, but you gotta admit there's a bit of a conflict of interest there.
nothing against minor threat. just pointing out how silly it is for either one of us to be at wal-mart(me being an anarchist, and him being "punk" or at least by adhering to a specific sub-culture that is across the board anti-capitalist, or at the very least anti-consumerist).

the difference is that i accept and acknowledge the contradictions in my life and try and do the best i can with my spare time. i support local businesses way more than i do corporate ones, but either way, it's still business--like the one i run. none of that is bringing us close to a better world.

see everyone at the free market this weekend!:

http://desmoinesmutualaid.info/?page_id=8

*free yoga, ear candling and reiki demos + free food, clothing and other items* -- check it out if interested.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 pm

@nonymous wrote:
elliot wrote:I strongly object to any unkind words concerning Minor Threat.

nothing against minor threat. just pointing out how silly it is for either one of us to be at wal-mart(me being an anarchist, and him being "punk" or at least by adhering to a specific sub-culture that is across the board anti-capitalist, or at the very least anti-consumerist).

the difference is that i accept and acknowledge the contradictions in my life and try and do the best i can with my spare time. i support local businesses way more than i do corporate ones, but either way, it's still business--like the one i run. none of that is bringing us close to a better world.

see everyone at the free market this weekend!:

http://desmoinesmutualaid.info/?page_id=8

*free yoga, ear candling and reiki demos + free food, clothing and other items* -- check it out if interested.

First of all lets get this clear. I don't own a Minor Threat back patch. Second, I am a broke ass motherfucker. I pay for my own school, I am living with my parents until August, I cannot afford to shop at Hy Vee for things such as macaroni and cheese, and RC Cola but I can afford Wal-Mart. I don't claim to be an anarchist, I do enjoy punk music, but I don't claim to be anti-capitalist...this and that. Wearing clothing that expresses the music I like is thing I do because I think it is fun, I don't wear a Bad Brains back patch because I really want lightning to strike the Capitol building. Don't take my clothing so seriously!

I have never taken a personal or social stand against Wal-Mart, I think how they treat people sucks, but...until I can afford to have such expensive principles like eating food from the co-op instead of cheap places like Wal-Mart, I'll do what I can!

Me dressing a certain way and being at a Wal-Mart is completely different than being involved in demonstrations and expressing serious anti-capitalist views and then being at a Wal-Mart

I'm not saying I don't have a stance on Wal-Mart and other things like it, but I don't go out of my way to talk about it and get people to shop locally and then the the exact opposite myself.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:52 am

@nonymous wrote:ear candling

OT, I guess... but, really? A free market isn't free if you're wasting your time.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!