More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

Smashburger coming to Des Moines area

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I have been hearing about this place that opened in the Twin Cities called Smashburger. It is a fast food chain out of Denver, CO that specializes in fresh burgers that are “smashed and seared” on a flat top grill. Supposedly they are supposed to be really, really good and some people have even claimed they are almost as good as In-N-Out. I got curious and went looking on their website and clicked on the “Find A Smashburger” page to see where they are located. It appears they are opening 4 of them in the Des Moines area in the next year…and one is opening in WDSM next month? I had no clue....anybody else heard about this? One is opening in Ankeny in the Fall too. My boner is raging right now.

Upcoming locations in the Des Moines area

1) West Des Moines
- September 2009 (22nd and University)
2) Ankeny
- Fall 2009
3) Clive
- Winter 2009
4) Ames
- Summer 2010

http://www.smashburger.com/

Last edited by Nick on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Re: Smashburger

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Re: Smashburger

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up!
I poop on Petland!

robdigi

Re: Smashburger coming to Des Moines area

Post by robdigi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

I've seen that place around but haven't tried it yet. I'm only in Denver for another month, so I gotta get on it. I'll give a review after I go there.

Des Moines still needs fucking Chipotle.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:03 pm

robdigi wrote:Des Moines still needs fucking Chipotle.
There's a Chipotle in Valley West Mall.

Also, Smashburger's West Des Moines location will be where Hungry Hobo was before its recent move to Normandy Plaza. This is right across from Culver's. The address is: 1821 22nd St. and is expected to open in late September.

I also e-mailed to ask the location of the Ankeny joint and am waiting to hear back on that.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:53 pm

I've been to the one at Valley West and it sucks ass big time! The blandest burrito I've ever had. When I asked them for hot peppers, they looked at me like I was crazy and gave some some peppers that weren't even hot. They should change their name to Blandpolte.

If you want a good burrito go to Tacos Jalisco on E 17th & Grand or try one of our many awesome taco wagons.
I poop on Petland!

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Nick wrote:
There's a Chipotle in Valley West Mall.

Also, Smashburger's West Des Moines location will be where Hungry Hobo was before its recent move to Normandy Plaza. This is right across from Culver's.
Actually, the Hungry Hobo in Normandy Plaza is for some reason called "Hungry Boyz." I ate there and it was a bunch of moms making sandwiches.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah....I agree with Chipotle sucking dong. I guess in the world of counter service burrito joints it is okay, but I'd much rather have Fighting Burrito in Ames any day if I wanted one of those. Chipotle is better than Pancheros though. I wish we had Moe's here. Great burritos.

For local counter service burritos, I used to love El Rey Burritos. That place still around? I remember eating a whole Rey Rey Burrito one time like 6-7 years ago when stoned out of my gourd.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 pm

el rey burritoes are only good if youre high or drunk. otherwise they just taste burnt.

pancheros is decent.

havent had chipotle. just like popeyes, i refuse to go out of my way for it.

wont go out of my way for a smashburger either. looks eh.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 pm

you guys are srsly retards when it comes to food. even if i was a bloodmouth i wouldn't eat this shit.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 am

would too

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 am

inx515xhell wrote:you guys are srsly retards when it comes to food. even if i was a bloodmouth i wouldn't eat this shit.
-Joe.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

inx515xhell wrote:you guys are srsly retards when it comes to food. even if i was a bloodmouth i wouldn't eat this shit.
bullshit. you enjoy every aspect of everything you do. thats like saying if you drank youd only drink top shelf booze and i know you...

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 am

oh and "you guys" that arent "bloodmouths" give us shit for posting in yr vegetarian threads so "stfu"

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

That Chipolte is no good, not even a real chipolte from what I have been told.

Bandit Burrito is good though.. go there.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 pm

So there was a "sneak peak party" at the Smashburger that is opening in Roseville, MN last night. My friend from up there, Nick Valentine, (who just happens to be roomates with the drummer from The Manix) went to it and said they got HOOKED up with food and drink. He posted pictures too. He said he signed up for the "sneak peak" party on the Smashburger website and they sent him the invite in the mail. I'll be checking the website often for the WDSM sneak peak.
smashburger party was last night! excellent excellent time
we got there, checked in, learned that beer was free too, ordered our food, and sat down

there was a girl walking around with samples of milkshakes! about 4 minutes later they delivered our food

i got the 1/2 lb twin cities smashburger... cheddar and swiss with garlic grilled onions and mayo on a onion bun

my burger was cooked perfectly medium rare... i dont think it was really supposed to be that pink in the middle, but it totally worked for me, fucking delicious!
i had their fries that are tossed in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and parsley
not a big fan of the fries really, but also got an order of the haystack onions so i wasnt too sad with my side options
after we were done we flagged down the shake girl for another round of shakes
FULL!

FULL!

i need to get invited to more soft openings! totally a rad time, except i would have gone about things a little differently if i could go again. i would have ordered a smaller burger and a hotdog or brat or something, we were totally stuffed, but we should have ordered more variety
also, also! when my girlfried oredered her chicken sandwich(which was delicious) the guy asked if she wanted a chicken patty as well as a burger on her sandwich
why didnt i do this??????

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:33 pm

I feel like I'm practically a member of whatever pop-punk messaeboard all of this comes from anymore.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

El Rhino wrote:I feel like I'm practically a member of whatever pop-punk messaeboard all of this comes from anymore.
Why don't you just join already.

Shane

Post by Shane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Yep, 515 Crew sucks now.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:58 pm

hey, bandit burrito rules.

also, if I can get free fries and grain belt for attending this "opening party" count me the fuck in.

2nd also, I don't even look at pmbb anymore because of your quotes nick. I mean, I don't really give a shit, I would have seen all this anyways. Can you do me a favor and post over there about me wanting to buy a copy of latterman's "turn up the punk..." if anyone has it. Then post a thread here letting me know what my options are. I really really really want that fucking record.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:03 pm

im tired of people calling "Premium" "grain belt" its not the same thing. i dont think theyre making grain belt any more just the nasty swill called "grain belt premium". schells- i lost faith over this. but i dont drink beer. no care.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:06 pm

every single thing said by every single person in this thread has been uneducated, retarded gibberish

most notably shane
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 pm

http://www.smashburger.com/sneakpeek.php

thats where you sign up
Franchise agreement to bring 16 Smashburger restaurants to Central Iowa burger loversSmashburger, a fast-casual, “better burger” restaurant concept launched and funded with $15 million from private equity and concept development firm Consumer Capital Partners (CCP), has secured its eighth franchisee, Smashguys LLC. The latest agreement brings the total number of Smashburger franchise locations to 167.
i do not see anyone taking the best of from b-bops that uses angus.

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 pm

sorry joe. but hey, can we be friends?

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Thom wrote:hey, bandit burrito rules.

also, if I can get free fries and grain belt for attending this "opening party" count me the fuck in.

2nd also, I don't even look at pmbb anymore because of your quotes nick. I mean, I don't really give a shit, I would have seen all this anyways. Can you do me a favor and post over there about me wanting to buy a copy of latterman's "turn up the punk..." if anyone has it. Then post a thread here letting me know what my options are. I really really really want that fucking record.
If I can get a handy outta the deal, then I'll post on the PPMB and score that record for you. Also, fuck yes on the free beer. I don't know if the WDSM location will have Grain Belt or not? I think they have local beers and a specialty burger for each resturant? But yeah...let's go eat free shit together when this opens.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Also, where is this Bandit Burrito place?

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

bandit burrito is just north of the interstate on Merle Hay road in Johnston. Kind of by the Starbucks and the Sonic. It is a pretty rad place. They have some of the best veggies of any counter style burrito joint I have been to. They also have really delicious vegan chorizo, and an excellent selection of hot sauces. My stupid old roommates thought pancheros was better. Fuck that. Bandit burrito blows any burrito I've ever had right out of the water. (With the exception of that place in Lincoln).

If you actually obtain a way into this opening party, I'm all about it. But if you don't remind me when it actually happens, I'll forget about it and wont be able to go.

And if you mean handy as in handjob, fuck you. I'm jerkin no man off for a record. If you mean handy as in hand out, I DO have a small brown bike record I'm looking to get rid of.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 pm

why am i not surprised to see Thom the Homophobe rear his ugly head?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Apparently The Bass Pro Shop has a restaraunt in it all of the girls have cans shoved into tight revealing shirts looking 17 or 18ish. So now I might go if I'm ever out that way. Now if someone told me "braaa they got killer burgers" I'd just shrug my shoulders and prolly never go.

This is how a review should be done around here.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Joe wrote:
-Joe.
lies arent gonna get us anywhere.