More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Shameless self promotion

Post by Varg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Unfortunately I didn't have the option to record/go direct in with these- I'll do something like that later. I needed to to get some videos uploaded to YT quick and I'd like to get them as many views/ratings as possible over the next couple weeks.

Nothing spectacular and they're pretty short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7e7zWnyRZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMwaUxlXGbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQu1_APU58k
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Shane

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by Shane » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 pm

I have almost no care for guitar playing like this.

I mean, yeah, you're talented, good for you, but who gives a fuck about sweep picking the same unmemorable solo riff over and over again?

I appreciate the musical technicality of what you do/like, but it's bullshit and not remotely entertaining past that one aspect.

Way to waste years of your life perfecting a pointless craft, asshole.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:48 pm

A pointless craft that makes me $34+ an hour, lol. :lol:
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:22 am

Shane wrote:I have almost no care for guitar playing like this.

I mean, yeah, you're talented, good for you, but who gives a fuck about sweep picking the same unmemorable solo riff over and over again?

I appreciate the musical technicality of what you do/like, but it's bullshit and not remotely entertaining past that one aspect.

Way to waste years of your life perfecting a pointless craft, asshole.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Now, now. . . in times like these refer to liberal bumper-stickers: A mind is like a parachute, it's works best when it's open.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:36 am

3 chords > than this shit any day of the week. Keep rock n' roll simple, you pretentious fuck.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

agree with shane.

good technically, but maaaan. can't sit through it.

but good for you, varg. seriously, i mean it. though i don't care for this at all, i'm glad you enjoy it.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:45 am

jesus finger-tapped....look where that got him.

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:46 am

..........and i honestly consider this "show boating" so you can just fuck off buddy.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 am

Now, do this in a live setting with an actual band and I might be impressed or want to hear / see more. Bet you won't.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:10 am

tylerjames515 wrote:Now, do this in a live setting with an actual band and I might be impressed or want to hear / see more. Bet you won't.

Way ahead of you. You didn't find it odd that there was a guitar recording with programmed drums in that third video?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:31 am

Boring. Any clown can wank off on scale exercises really fast. Try again when you get some soul. This is much more impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ANjb-yAVE

When's your next gig with a live band?
I poop on Petland!

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:10 pm

your shredding is pretty good
your arms look buff as fuck
but dude, lose that goatee
Tu vir nunc es, canis

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 pm

I've played guitar for 13 years and I still can't even do a guitar solo, like a real, off the cuff wild one. So there's no way I can knock your talent, Varg.

But it goes back to that discussion from a few months back about the soul of music. That's what gets me off, and this kind of stuff just doesn't have it. Not one bit. It might as well be a robot playing.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 pm

I watched them all and rated them four stars. Shreddin' on the axe like that isn't really my cup of tea, but now you can't say I've never done anything for you.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:14 pm

servo wrote:your shredding is pretty good
x2 fo really, I think it will hold you back from getting ahead in life.

Also, you need to do that ish standing up.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:08 pm

elliot wrote:there's no way I can knock your talent, Varg.

But it goes back to that discussion from a few months back about the soul of music. That's what gets me off, and this kind of stuff just doesn't have it. Not one bit. It might as well be a robot playing.
pretty much exactly what i think.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm

lukerauch wrote:jesus finger-tapped....look where that got him.
Attachments
a112252507104907d796cd9d9.gif
a112252507104907d796cd9d9.gif (52.63 KiB) Viewed 1767 times

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:25 pm

those videos are whats wrong with heavy metal today...dumbest riffs? ever...i would rather watch a maniac try to attack geese with a stick, or videos of animals being tortured, than sit through another dumb video of you playing some annoying riff, and trying to gain an ego boost out of it...the only thing you are promoting is how to own a guitar and be a douche...good work...put down the guitar, and do that on the piano, maybe then it won't suck.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:33 pm

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Hank Fist wrote:Image
i announce the winner of the thread!
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Yo, check out my dog Bulb playin' his hot new track "Zyglrox"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmzlhfI ... re=related

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:32 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:Boring. Any clown can wank off on scale exercises really fast. Try again when you get some soul. This is much more impressive.

You do realize nobody actually visits the youtube links you post right? Every thread you create is nothing but a youtube video link, essentially with the same content. You don't even post commentary. WTF? You're every white suburban house-mom's dream to use as an example of why kids shouldn't smoke weed.
You seriously remind me of the future as it's presented in Idiocracy. Since you waste the majority of your life on youtube anyway, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Futhermore, if "any clown" can 'wank off scale exercises'- then DO IT. Put down the pipe, pick up your guitar, and with the few remaining neurons and cells in your brain put a video on youtube (shouldn't be an issue since you spend so much of your day there anyway) or shut the fuck up. Until you do so, don't even address me on this board.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:38 am

Can't. Working on viking beard. Progress was halted for jerb interviews. Very slow going now.
elliot wrote:I've played guitar for 13 years and I still can't even do a guitar solo, like a real, off the cuff wild one. So there's no way I can knock your talent, Varg.

Not meant to have feeling- at least the second two aren't. The Demiurge solo does have more 'soul' but it was written out in 12/4, and the backing drums/riff that I soloed over in the video are in 4/4 so it's kinda fucked up and off.
The first solo was improv, and I hadn't played over it in probably six months. I think it starts in 4/4 then goes to 6/8 or something and there's a polyrhythm going on between drums and guitar so it's somewhat difficult to solo over. I just did one dry run and then recorded the next take. Needed something quick- didn't have time to write anything with "feeling". That shouldn't be any issue on any recordings/videos I do in the future.
JoePreppy wrote:
x2 fo really, I think it will hold you back from getting ahead in life.

Also, you need to do that ish standing up.
I do do it standing up. Just wanted to have the amp captured in the video because it's glowy and cool looking. Seriously, only reason.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:those videos are whats wrong with heavy metal today...dumbest riffs? ever...i would rather watch a maniac try to attack geese with a stick, or videos of animals being tortured, than sit through another dumb video of you playing some annoying riff, and trying to gain an ego boost out of it...the only thing you are promoting is how to own a guitar and be a douche...good work...put down the guitar, and do that on the piano, maybe then it won't suck.
What's wrong with metal today? :lol: Don't talk to me about metal, or any other genre of music for that matter. The riff(s) have a lot more going on in them than you realize, and unfortunately, you can't hear the parts that are harmonized. I'm actually pretty happy with how some of them turned out, which doesn't happen often.
The videos weren't done for "an ego boost" or anything of the sort. I could've made countless worthless videos and put them up on youtube over the years, but I've only had one until now. You being jealous/going bat shit crazy over such a thing, is quite a compliment.

And for what it's worth, the tapping lick essentially is the same as playing it on piano- so LOL, I can tell how well thought out your response was.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:48 am

Nickyouredead wrote:Yo, check out my dog Bulb playin' his hot new track "Zyglrox"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmzlhfI ... re=related

I can tell you don't know who bulb, aka mischa, is. The guy is a fantastic composer and pretty good self-producer. He's involved in so many projects right now it's unbelievable. He's got a huge following already and going to be an incredibly influential guitarist in the metal/progressive metal scene in the years to come.

BTW- that's not the latest track. You can find that here:
http://www.myspace.com/periphery

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:06 am

Varg wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Boring. Any clown can wank off on scale exercises really fast. Try again when you get some soul. This is much more impressive.

You do realize nobody actually visits the youtube links you post right? Every thread you create is nothing but a youtube video link, essentially with the same content. You don't even post commentary. WTF? You're every white suburban house-mom's dream to use as an example of why kids shouldn't smoke weed.
You seriously remind me of the future as it's presented in Idiocracy. Since you waste the majority of your life on youtube anyway, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Futhermore, if "any clown" can 'wank off scale exercises'- then DO IT. Put down the pipe, pick up your guitar, and with the few remaining neurons and cells in your brain put a video on youtube (shouldn't be an issue since you spend so much of your day there anyway) or shut the fuck up. Until you do so, don't even address me on this board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cadl7JylPA
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 am

I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:15 am

Varg wrote: Don't talk to me about metal, or any other genre of music for that matter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lu44Tfekng
I poop on Petland!

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 pm

take it as you may...
ego boost
not jealous
shredding???
to an extent...
waste of potential talent???
yes.
such a shame...
sounds dumb...
waste of internet space...
waste of electricity...
waste of life.
cut the shit, and take your talent and do something useful with it...you have to know you can write something a little bit more useful and meaningful than this...
I WANNA ROCK YOUR BODY(TIL THE BREAK OF DAWN)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMgENy ... re=related

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:32 pm

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken