More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

Kyler, check your shit.

Post by Varg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:57 am

And why is nobody talking about Libya? Where are all the peace loving, anti-war, hippie liberal douchebags complaining about Libya? Where are you? I've heard NOTHING.

I'm hearing impeachment talk already...and if it's going to happen to anyone again, it'll be him. I'll leave it to el rhino and joey to come up with the punchline for this one.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

elliot
Represent!

Re: Kyler, check your shit.

Post by elliot » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:11 am

Varg wrote:I'm hearing impeachment talk already...and if it's going to happen to anyone again, it'll be him.
Please, dude. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he should be impeached. Be an adult.

I'm not thrilled about the Libya situation, but if I had to choose between Middle East interventions over the last ten years, I'd probably take that one. Better than putting thousands of troops on the ground over a total lie, wouldn't you say?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:28 am

"Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize winners combined"

- Someone on the internet

elliot wrote:I'm not thrilled about the Libya situation, but if I had to choose between Middle East interventions over the last ten years, I'd probably take that one. Better than putting thousands of troops on the ground over a total lie, wouldn't you say?
Justifying Obama's incompetence/fuck-ups/etc with "Oh yeah!?!? Well, at least he's not George W. Bush!" is getting really worn out. You people need to start pointing to something good he's done or just admit you bought a lemon.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 am

El Rhino wrote:Justifying Obama's incompetence/fuck-ups/etc with "Oh yeah!?!? Well, at least he's not George W. Bush!" is getting really worn out. You people need to start pointing to something good he's done or just admit you bought a lemon.
I will continue to point out arguments like that because it demonstrates a total hypocrisy on the part of those who were silent while Bush was in office, but now feel the need to criticize every movement this president makes, right down to him taking a max of 30 minutes out of one day to fill out college basketball brackets.

I still think we bought an orange, but the orange isn't ripe and is getting a little rotten on the inside. But it's a baby orange and it has the potential to grow into a beautiful, delicious orange that can produce a whole lotta juice, as long as it can overcome the disgusting pesticide its being pelted with. I probably fucked up a lot of agricultural facts there, but you get where I'm going.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:27 am

elliot wrote: I still think we bought an orange, but the orange isn't ripe and is getting a little rotten on the inside. But it's a baby orange and it has the potential to grow into a beautiful, delicious orange that can produce a whole lotta juice, as long as it can overcome the disgusting pesticide its being pelted with. I probably fucked up a lot of agricultural facts there, but you get where I'm going.
i didnt know you wrote poetry?

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you, I try.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

checked and responded

elliot should be the next poet laureate of iowa

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 pm

elliot wrote: I will continue to point out arguments like that because it demonstrates a total hypocrisy on the part of those who were silent while Bush was in office, but now feel the need to criticize every movement this president makes,
You realize that Republicans/conservatives being critical of Bush and company was a huge reason why the Tea Party started? Bush got a lot of criticism from his own camp.

Anyways, like I said, no one seems to be able to actually say anything concrete about how great of a job Obama is doing. If you ask about it 90% of the time it goes into a tirade about how bad Bush fucked everything up, Bush did this too, the Republicans in Congress holding him back, etc.

Every time I see the guy with a foreign head of state, I always get the impression that he's sorely out of his league.

I still think we bought an orange, but the orange isn't ripe and is getting a little rotten on the inside. But it's a baby orange and it has the potential to grow into a beautiful, delicious orange that can produce a whole lotta juice, as long as it can overcome the disgusting pesticide its being pelted with. I probably fucked up a lot of agricultural facts there, but you get where I'm going.
Wow, Elliot, that sounds like something from a great "next time will be different, honey, I swear" speech.

BIll

Post by BIll » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Obama has been wildly disappointing on every issue (banking reform, gay rights, health care, ending the wars, starting new wars, prosecuting war crimes, prosecuting wall street assholes who caused the economic meltdown and are still getting bonuses, not letting poor people get fucked, etc). But for the first time in years my little brother can get health care again and the alternative was a guy who didn't know how many house he owned.

As far as Libya goes, at least we haven't invaded yet. Personally, I prefer ninjas to missiles, but I prefer missiles to ground troops. And anyone who thinks the conservatives in congress would approved anything Obama wanted (right or wrong) is just fooling themselves.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 am

BIll wrote:Obama has been wildly disappointing on every issue (banking reform, gay rights, health care, ending the wars, starting new wars, prosecuting war crimes, prosecuting wall street assholes who caused the economic meltdown and are still getting bonuses, not letting poor people get fucked, etc). But for the first time in years my little brother can get health care again and the alternative was a guy who didn't know how many house he owned.

As far as Libya goes, at least we haven't invaded yet. Personally, I prefer ninjas to missiles, but I prefer missiles to ground troops. And anyone who thinks the conservatives in congress would approved anything Obama wanted (right or wrong) is just fooling themselves.

So you're saying it's OK to launch missiles at a country that isn't a threat to us and we have nothing to gain from them? Where's the logic behind that? At least with Iraq someone was actually threatening us and we had oil to gain. Obama is 10 times the cowboy you all claimed Bush was. Bush at least got a resolution for Iraq. And you're right, nobody would have approved of us getting involved in Libya, so the fact that he spit on the constitution and gave everyone the middle-finger is what makes this situation that much worse! Libya is going to be a fucking nightmare dude. NATO claiming no end in sight and the obama camp still can't figure out if they're for or against kadaffi/q'adaffi
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

BIll

Post by BIll » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 am

Never said anything about being for it. In fact nothing about it (or anything in the news) brings me anything but sad. I'm against invasions on principal but the fact that we didn't invade like fucking John Wayne again (yet) is at least an improvement. It is hypocritical defending rebels in Libya (which has tons of oil) and not any of the other shitholes in that region, probably because they don't.

Since you brought him up, Bush only got approval to invade Iraq is because he fucking lied, and because Democrats are pussies. Last I checked gas was not free, so what did we gain from Iraq exactly? Also, its hilarious hearing someone who supported Bush and Cheney argue about the constitutionality of anything.

So, who is everyone want to be disappointed by in 2012?

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 pm

theres way more support for Palin than i'd like to see.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 am

obama is too busy smoking k2 with jay z and kobe bryant to care about any of your stupid opinions

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Bullet Tooth wrote:theres way more support for Palin than i'd like to see.
no shit. I dont understand how anyone could actually believe she isn't full of shit.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Democrats fight for the working cats. Republicans fight for corporate fat cats. /thread.