More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

zach walther

yo this blogs pretty cool

Post by zach walther » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 pm

HARD TO FIND AMERICAN HARDCORE.
http://whatzachwaltherlistensto.blogspot.com/
Last edited by zach walther on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Re: yo this blogs pretty cool

Post by Crumpty Williams » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 am

mad props for the speedwold upload. That show I went to of theirs at HB last yearwas sick. I've been rocking the wolfagram tshirt like no other out here in NY. Getting drunk and blasting unsuspecting partygoers with impromptu bellows of "i am the demon" is a much beloved pastime. sweet.
i fucking rule.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:03 am

i'd be lyin' if said i remembered that show well, but i'm pretty positive i remember us wrecking shit.

up all night's my jam.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:59 am

minus a significant portion of them props due to files being in .wma format.

Weak dude!
i fucking rule.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:57 am

hey man, that's how i got em.

i ain't no fucking computer scientist.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Good blog.
Everyone should check it out.
Colorado isn't the Midwest.

-Joe.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 pm

it is in the social studies books from the 80s we had at studebaker elementary school.

we also got texas in those books.

Darrin

Post by Darrin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Speedwolf fucking rules. Also Joe is right on this one.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

so its a blog of stuff you recently asked people to give you a dl link to?

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

YEAH MAN PRETTY MUCH. WHAT OF IT?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

Funny, I recall the geography textbooks at Studebaker clearly putting Colorado in the Rocky Mountain region and Texas in the Southwestern region, along with New Mexico, Arizona and Oklahoma.

Is Colorado Midwestern? Well, nothing magical happens once you cross the CO/KS and CO/NE borders. It's still the high plains. Not all, but some parts of the state would be considered Midwestern if those parts weren't encompassed into a political boundary more associated with mountains than plains.

The same thing goes for Texas. The panhandle probably has more in common with Western Kansas or Nebraska than the desert in west Texas, the gulf area, south Texas or any other micro-region within that state based on climate, demographics, culture, economic activity, etc.

Then there's Oklahoma. No one is really sure where to lump it in and part of the problem is that no one really wants to claim it.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

protip: everything east of denver (in co) sucks.

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

El Rhino wrote:Funny, I recall the geography textbooks at Studebaker clearly putting Colorado in the Rocky Mountain region and Texas in the Southwestern region, along with New Mexico, Arizona and Oklahoma.

Is Colorado Midwestern? Well, nothing magical happens once you cross the CO/KS and CO/NE borders. It's still the high plains. Not all, but some parts of the state would be considered Midwestern if those parts weren't encompassed into a political boundary more associated with mountains than plains.

The same thing goes for Texas. The panhandle probably has more in common with Western Kansas or Nebraska than the desert in west Texas, the gulf area, south Texas or any other micro-region within that state based on climate, demographics, culture, economic activity, etc.

Then there's Oklahoma. No one is really sure where to lump it in and part of the problem is that no one really wants to claim it.
bro, let's talk studebaker.

last year i saw mr. myers down town with a babe.

were your text books the red ones with reagan in them?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:25 pm

zach walther wrote: bro, let's talk studebaker.

last year i saw mr. myers down town with a babe.

were your text books the red ones with reagan in them?

Gladly.

I haven't seen Mr. Meiers in a long time, but as you may know his son Ryan was in Beati Paouli. I ask about Mr. Meiers from time to time when I see Ryan.

The textbooks were white with a blue border, if I remember right but it's been almost twenty years. I went there during Reagan's presidency but Bush would've been president when I would've used the textbooks. I remember them being old when I used them though.

I remember there was a rumor that a fugitive lived by the lake that you can see from the playground named "Uncle Denny". We would see this guy out fucking around by the lake at recess. One time we saw him dump something in the lake and we thought it was a body. I think it actually turned out that the dude really was a criminal or something.

So yeah, go roadrunners!

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:24 am

i believe that when i was in 4th grade, the blue ones were "the ones the 5th graders use" and then we had new ones in 5th grade.

we had some kinda rumor like that too, don't remember.

also something happened when i went there that caused that steal fence to be built, coulda been the anthrax scare, don't remember when the fence was erected in relation to 9/11.

did you go to metro kids care there?

also, did you have the lunch lady, patty i think her name was, that looked exactly like the one from the lunch lady song?

oh, and did you have that shitty joan baez music teacher that sung that dumb fucking song on her guitar, and during the part with the donkey, she said ass to be all edgy?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 am

I went there from '86-'92 (I think?), preschool through 5th grade so I'm sure quite a bit was different...

Our music teacher was Ms. Eck. She was alright for 1st and 2nd grade but not so much after that. Years later I lived in the same apartment building as her. Old, poor and lonely.

They didn't have metro kids care when I went there.

I can't remember the lunch ladies, but I remember there was some strange closet next to the lunch line full of bottles (glass) of coke for some reason that never seemed to go anywhere.

I remember checking out the book on the WWII GI and WWI British Tommy about thirty times in the library. The librarian had the same last name as me (spelled a little differently though) so everyone thought she was my grandma. Checked out Pecos Bill a bunch of times too. Good reading.

I also remember that they had a 5th grader student helper who would deliver messages from the office to teachers. She looked like Miss Piggy but she sprouted a little early and had huge boobs so everyone would start whispering whenever she came into the classroom.

I just went to Studebaker's webpage and it looks like I only recognize one of the teachers listed, who just started when I was there.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:10 am

El Rhino wrote: I can't remember the lunch ladies, but I remember there was some strange closet next to the lunch line full of bottles (glass) of coke for some reason that never seemed to go anywhere.
this is weirdly hilarious.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 pm

DUDE